And so we come to it at last...

Sable

Enlightened
Well, I'm hooked now.

I ordered a Milkyspit-modified SureFire L1 earlier, and it just showed up yesterday as I stepped off an airplane. This is my first "serious" light - and sweet fancy Moses, it blows everything else I have away.

Firstly, it weighs almost nothing, but feels tremendously sturdy. Secondly, the output on Low is easily as usable as my Aurora 1.5w [the flashlight that got me into LED flashlights], and the high mode can only be described - by the unenlightened, like me - as holy crap!

My digital camera is on hiatus - and I can't do anything better than what's already here for the ML1 - so, alas, no beamshots from this side of the pond.

I'm extremely pleased with my purchase - this is easily one of the highest-quality tools of any sort that I own. I applaud Milkyspit's craftsmanship, attention to detail, and absolutely the best customer service - if you want to call it that - I've ever experienced. When I find that I need a bigger, meaner, meatier light in the future, Scott may be my first point of call.

Thanks CPF and thanks especially to Scott - it's great to have such a versatile and long-lasting illumination device around, at last.