Wanting a better LED Light for spotting 25+ yards.

Henry123

Newly Enlightened
I currently use a Streamlight Tasklight 2L 3W as a spotlight while backpacking and camping. Based on my experience, it has been a good little spotlight, giving me a tight beam with decent throw and almost 2 hours before dropping out of regulation. However, I am not loyal to my flashlights and I am always looking for a better deal...

Can anyone suggest a 2x123A powered LED that has a better 25+ yard spot, and that would fall roughly within the 2 hour regulation range?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Henry123 said:
I currently use a Streamlight Tasklight 2L 3W as a spotlight while backpacking and camping. Based on my experience, it has been a good little spotlight, giving me a tight beam with decent throw and almost 2 hours before dropping out of regulation. However, I am not loyal to my flashlights and I am always looking for a better deal...

Can anyone suggest a 2x123A powered LED that has a better 25+ yard spot, and that would fall roughly within the 2 hour regulation range?

Thanks.

My 2D 3 Luxion ModaMag conversion lights up the world at 25 yards, but is a much more of a flood.
It's dimmable and the testing stopped at 48 hours in "dim" mode. Dim is more than adequate for walking or anything close.
However I'm looking for a Cree conversion with 4 LEDs. 500 Lumen or so at 6.6 watts or so.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, Henry.

Take a look at the Inova XO3 or T3, or the X0/T2. Tight LED spot beams, good throw, 2 1/2 to 5 hr. runtimes.

They're all thoroughly reviewed at FlashlightReviews, the best tech reference source going.

Henry123

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help guys! I will definitely try out the T3 and the SF 6P/KL3. After checking flashlightreviews.com (amazing website! sorry, I'm new...), I noticed that the Pelican M6 2390 may fit the bill as well (only 1.5 hour regulated tho). Any comments/suggestions re: the Pelican?

Thanks again.