I want a cree xre light!! (modding a 602a)

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened
Amoung others in sure... im am very interested in this led. I am wondering when lights with these leds will become available, and how much they will cost???

Also, what would it take for me to mod my ultrafire (602a) to accept a xre?, and where could I buy the led?

Last edited:

X Racer

Enlightened
Re: I want a cree xre light!!

You can already buy one from the Sandwich Shoppe, at least when they are available as they sell out very quickly every time they add new ones.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope Fenix makes some lights with the cree led's. I will be sure to buy them. I have a feeling they will be widely available next year.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you like tiny super bright AAA size Cree XR-E lights then check out the link in my signature.

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened

could I save a few dollars by modding a cheaper light? Or would the final cost be about the same???

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you're patient, there will be Cree lights on the market in a month or two (or three) You'll be surprised at who will be offering these :D

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened

any idea on cost???

I would still be interested in modding an existing light in the meantime, if it can be be done cheaply...

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

Depends who's making them... everyone's thinking Fenix will be cranking them out eventually, and already, our own McGizmo has teamed up with the Sandwich Shoppe and made the A19 Cree XR-E available. Don is also making his own mCree-c, which should come out sooner than later. He's also got a PD version of that in the works.

Otherwise, the new run of CR2-Ion in Titanium will use a Cree XR-E as well.

MillerMods modded Arc AAA's will be amazing. I'm telling you that right now.

That's all I can think of right now - I'm in fantasy football mode on Sundays, so it's hard for me to think. :wave:

john

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened

could I run a xre on an existing circut?, I was thinking maybe I could do a realy simple drop in mod. with one of the group-buy leds???

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast

sphynx_000 said:
could I run a xre on an existing circut?, I was thinking maybe I could do a realy simple drop in mod. with one of the group-buy leds???

Anything that will drive a Lux I or Lux III will drive a Cree. The trick is in the optics/reflector and your mounting options.

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened
Re: I want a cree xre light!!! (modding a 602a)

thanks, that is what I am looking for...

I have head ideas come up about modding a 602a, it sounds like the led would squeeze in there, but im not sure how it would work out with the reflector???

any ideas?