I'm in!

slvoid

Newly Enlightened
I've been lurking here for about a year. I'm a regular over at bikeforums and a regular commuter so I've accumulated a pretty fair collection of bike lights. I used to have a gerber infinity ultra, ok for inspecting parts up close at work, and a 2D cell maglite for looking down a long corridor above the ceiling in a crawl space or something.

I was looking for a small light to carry alongside (preferably clipped to the side of) my leatherman tool and holster. It can't be too long like the 3AA maglite LED I have at home. AA's would be nice but it seemed like anything driven off 1.5V tended to not run at full brightness unless more batteries were used. 123 lithiums seem pretty popular so I started hunting for a light with a long run time and maximum brightness. Rather than start another thread about fenix/cr2/surefire el1/FFIII/jet-i, I decided to look through all the threads (that's what the search function's for right?).

Anyway, I broke down and ordered a HDS EDC B42, I'll see if its good enough. If not, I can always pop a new LED in it. Can't wait to get the light and start playing with it on monday. Hopefully, this will be it for me, no more. Between bikeforums and head-fi.org, I'm going broke. :naughty:

jur

Newly Enlightened
Hey, g'day slvoid! It's been a while since I posted at Bikeforums, I tend to frequent the folder threads these days. I check in here every once so often for progress on the new Cree LEDs.

slvoid

Newly Enlightened
Someone had previously had one of the lights like the HDS EDC, it was passed on and lost (whoever finds it, you're one lucky SOB), so I think this is where I draw the line. Anything more expensive and I'll have a heart attack if I lost it.

There's a saying over at head-fi, "Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet."

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
slvoid

Welcome aboard. You will soon see that it a disease/addiction just like others encountered on different forums. No known cure as yet just fix's.