Some reasons why CPF's is becoming popular!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some reasons why CPF\'s is becoming popular!

Reading DavidW's post about how many Gigabytes and members are gowing made me want to post something I have been thinking about.

Why all the interest in lights?

Of course there are the usual reasons:
- Important to be prepared
- Used in occupation
- Used in another hobby

And that is enough to keep the conversations going, but there are other reasons.

Reasons like:
- Cool to have something superior / brighter / tinier / etc than what can be purchased at Wal-mart or other places

- Price of admission to own the best is cheap! With guns, cars, stereos, etc, it gets expensive quickly! You could buy a SureFire, ARC AAA, ARC LS2, Brinkmann Legend LX, Princeton Tec Surge, Inova X5, A Lambda Illuminator or other mod from Daniel or another CPF member, a 2,000,000 CP rechargable spotlight, and a Opalec Newbeam for AROUND 400 $. You can't buy a classic Corvette or a sailboat, or a decent set of high end speakers for a measily 400!

- Seeing the future. 3-6 years from now, the world will start using Luxeon Star LED's or other bright high powered LED's, but for now, we know a "secret" that the world doesn't know and hasn't experienced yet! Remember the first time you saw your first really high powered LS? That pure, white light, ebbing out in front of you?

- Geek factor! (or James Bond factor!)

Anyway, it is late, I just wanted to post this!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Some reasons why CPF\'s is becoming popular!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuddTX:

Seeing the future. 3-6 years from now, the world will start using Luxeon Star LED's or other bright high powered LED's, but for now, we know a "secret" that the world doesn't know and hasn't experienced yet! Remember the first time you saw your first really high powered LS? That pure, white light, ebbing out in front of you?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Recently spoke to two managers of companies who import bulbs and an electrical buyer of a major Australia-wide hardware chain. None of these persons had even heard of Luxeons Stars.

Is it also a well kept secret in the industry or is it because large manufacturing companies such as Energizer aren't using Luxeons people are oblivious to their existence.

I wonder how strongly this product is being marketed and whether "we" are guinea pigs.

shocked.gif