Funny Windows Message

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Windows just gave me this error, I honestly laughed when I saw it:

noexplorersayswindowstq8.gif

I knew that Explorer wasn't safe, but it seems now MS is also aware :)

Pablo

bitslammer

Enlightened
That might indicate that some type of malicious code (virus, spyware, etc.) has taken control of explorer.exe. You should look into this just to be safe. It's very rare to see this for a core windows component.

beer2beer

Newly Enlightened
That question in blue at the bottom of the error's window... I know the answer: Install Linux! :laughing:

A hug!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im getting recently some stupid server busy message when windows loads. I'm thinking it's due to windows update recently prompting me to install IE7 and I told it to go away. Now I've got the dumb error on startup... grrrr

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
man, that happens every time for me.

my program uses too much memory that the whole computer hangs up and become REAL slow.
then i quit the program, and the same thing comes up.

dim

Enlightened
While I'd have to agree with beer2beer (welcome to CPF), to install Linux, recognizing that it may not be for everyone, short of that, for a browser, I can highly recommend Opera. It's a smartly executed and VERY user configurable browser. I am using Opera on my MEPIS/Linux box right now. The Windows98 class machine (Pentium III/450MHz/256K) has gone MONTHS without having to be rebooted and Opera has stayed open for WEEKS at a time with HUNDREDS of windows open at a time. Did you think that Flashaholism was my only sickness?

dim