3Watt 4 D Cell MAG Home Depot $23.97 Sale

lightinsky

Enlightened
Hi all and happy holidays. I was in Home Depot yesterday and noticed they had the 3Watt 4 D Cell MAG on sale down from $29.97 to $23.97. Thought you all should know. I didn't buy it but did pick up a 3Watt 3 AAA Minimag for $19.97 on sale too from it's previous price of $23.97. Enjoy the holiday cheer and lighting up the neighbors house at night.

lightUup

Newly Enlightened
Do you know how long the sale will last? Thanks for the heads up!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is until 12/13, but you should check the weekly ad for your area at homedepot.com to confirm it.

lightUup said:
Do you know how long the sale will last? Thanks for the heads up!

lightUup

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
I think it is until 12/13, but you should check the weekly ad for your area at homedepot.com to confirm it.
I just checked the ad for my local Home Depot and it looks like the Maglites aren't for sale in my area (I'm in San Francisco). :thumbsdow :scowl:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You shouldn't post the same post to different threads (aka cross-posting.) The moderators don't like it, nor do some of the readers (I hate it when people do that, it's irritating as hell ;) )

Anyway see your other post for further instructions. :)

lightUup said:
I just checked the ad for my local Home Depot and it looks like the Maglites aren't for sale in my area (I'm in San Francisco). :thumbsdow :scowl:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 3 cell version really does work better.
But this price for the 4D does make it pretty appealing (not enough for me to get a 4 cell light though ;) )

3rd_shift said:
I think I'll snag one.
Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

lightUup

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
You shouldn't post the same post to different threads (aka cross-posting.) The moderators don't like it, nor do some of the readers (I hate it when people do that, it's irritating as hell ;) )

Anyway see your other post for further instructions. :)
I just copied and pasted what I typed from the other thread because I'm too lazy to start a different sentence. :grin2:

Thx. for the heads up, it looks like I'm going to be broke after tomorrow. :lolsign:

That's why this place can be a bad thing!

SuperTorch

Enlightened
What about MAG Led bulbs they'd be on sale to I'd think if all Mags are,..... No 2D's whats wrong with them, I'll go Lowes on their Arses.

SuperTorch

Enlightened
^ I'm pretty sure thats a no-no, the Mag LEDs are voltage specific, but I coud be wrong for the 4D LED bulb it may be designed to fit 4-6D but don't think it is. I haven't seen MAG-LITE Brand 6D LED bulbs but haven't really looked because 2D is the one I want.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2 and 4 cell LED modules were reduced at the store that I went to, but the 3 cell version were not. I have a feeling that there may be a consistency issue with some of the stores. I may check another store today to see if it is Home Depot overall, or if it was just that single store that didn't have their ducks in a row.

Home Depot has only carried the 4D version of the Mag LED in all the time that they have carried the LED products. Other stores, like Target, only carry the 2 and 3 cell versions. Each store has to cater to their perceived demographic.

SuperTorch said:
What about MAG Led bulbs they'd be on sale to I'd think if all Mags are,..... No 2D's whats wrong with them, I'll go Lowes on their Arses.

Niteowl

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
The 3 cell version really does work better.
But this price for the 4D does make it pretty appealing (not enough for me to get a 4 cell light though ;) )

If it was the 3D, I'd be all over it, and then some. It's annoyed me that HD doesn't carry the 3D. Still tempting as I can make someone else happy on the cheap. Or, better yet, keep the module for a 4C, and still make someone else happy with the leftovers (I'll put in 3 cell Xenons). Oh Joy! It is that time of year.........

SuperTorch

Enlightened
Well as far as the 3D working better if you look at FLR they are all very close and the 4D looks brighter once it settles down at about 58% of its intial output where the 3D settles at about 53%, using FLR numbers the 4D would be brighter once temp stablized. This looks like a really good buy so I may just do it for all the money I've spent this is a fair deal. The thing is I WANT A 2D damn it but no one seems to think 2Ds are important, I find that strange. In the end I probably should have just went an bout a 2D Mag LED light, and then waited on the Cree XR-E drop ins, they can't get here soon enough for me.

I think with the FLR numbers as far as the differences we may be looking at the Luxeon lottery. With the 2D at 6800 throw if I had to guess It looks like MAG was shooting for an output that would produce around 7000 throw(as far as the way FLR measures it) in other words it looks to me that MAG was shooting for around the very same output with all three LEDs(the 2D being tougher to do) and the only difference would be run time. In other words they weren't trying to make the 3D 8% brighter then the 4D and 10% brighter than the 2D if anything I see they really cranked up the 2D to reach the 3 and 4D output the best they could and in the end there at FLR we're seeing the Luxeon Lottery in effect if they had another 3 to test the 4D may come out on top.

Last edited:

lednut

Newly Enlightened
I was at a Home Depot today in the Dallas area and picked up a mag 2c for $11.98 and the 2 cell 3W led upgrade for $15.03.The best price I have seen yet for the bulb! The 2c is in the hard to find pewter.

SuperTorch

Enlightened
I went to get a 4D Led and there was one left, I got it in my hand and a young lady came up and told the HD sales person she needed a new bulb for a MiniMag and a big 4 cell light . he showed her the regualr 4D Mag never mentioning they had the 4D LED on sale for $3 more. When he left I asked her if she had any LED lights and she said NO what are they. Needless to say I handed her mine knowing she'd be very happy with it as her first LED and because it was reg $30+ dollars. And because I have 13 lights at home. Win/Win for both of us. :)