Bali has lost her innocence!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

top.blast.site.ap.jpg

This is the scene of destruction outside the Sari Club in Legian Street, Kuta where over 100 people were killed in a bomb blast. Full story here.

Having been to Bali 5 times since '86. I, and like many others, have grown to love the people and its holdiay atmosphere.

The real losers from this are the Balinese people who depend totally on the tourist dollar. Like I tell people who feel "hassled" by the street sellers, there is no dole or social security in Indonesia. If you don't work then you don't eat.

Has Bali lost her innocence?

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I first heard about this an hour ago. They (Fox news) said at least 150 people were dead. What an outrage!
mad.gif

Still waiting for more information to come out.
confused.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up until now, when I thought of of Bali, I NEVER thought of violence, or especially terrorism.... but once you realize it is so close to Indonesia, indeed a part of Indonesia, it is not at all surprising.

CiTY

Enlightened
I know a lot of friends in asia that visit. My ex girlfriend goes at least 4 times a year. I think any where there is a muslum population, you have a risk. It's too bad a few spoil it for the rest.

AluminumOvercast

Enlightened
Man I was in Indonesia last year. Jakart sept 7th-10 Bali sept 11th-16th. I loved it there so much and was thinking about going back mid next year. After this incident. How can anyone not think twice? It's a shame.

Shelby