U2, Fenix P1 Rocket, e1l

Flashlight Enthusiast
So for christmas I am asking for a U2 Ultra and plan on using EDC basically but even with the versatility of that I would love to have a wallet light on to of about 7 keys and an already large wallet I'm not terribly worried about size but I have been juggling thoughts between the SF e1l outdoorsman or a Fenix P1 Rocket They both are nice now totally disregard the price difference and do you think it would be a wise choice to take the extra 25 lumens (rated) because as a secondary ligth I don't know if I need that much light (U2 EDC).

Just some food for though, plans for an M6 guardian later on for heavy use are in the works early 2007.

Also I would prefer lights to be water proof and dunkable I may like to go night swimming and have an underwater/above(wet) light. So is the U2 water proof as per testing or the Fenix and e1l?

Last edited:

Somy Nex

Enlightened
according to flashlightreviews, all SF lights are supposed to be resistant to 1 atmosphere depth, or 33ft (i think that's 33ft).

that said i have not taken my u2 down that far, but i have taken it caving before, and can confirm that it at least can be operated without problem in wading deep water.

how about a P1DCE? IMO, the higher efficiency of the Cree emitter makes it a very attractive proposition at this time. i haven't gotten mine yet though, so i can't comment on the buidl quality of the P1D CE. my friend used my fenix L1P in the same caving trip as the U2 went on, and it operated without any problem as well.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good news. The fenix's havea very simple design, as for the CE it may be way too bright for what I want it to do seeing as it is rated at well over 100 lumens of the U2 anyone tried to disable the strobe or sos mode on these lights? luckily it has 3 levels I don't know if i care for the way it works but hey maybe. I liekd teh ROcket because it was on or off and I rarely actually use extra features on things as I rarely need a strobe or a SOS.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
How would you be carrying the light? If it's for a keychain, the P1 (or P1D) would be excellent. If you wouldn't mind a belt clip or sheath, you have more options, like Lumapower's D-Mini, Huntlight's FT-02X, and others.

You mentioned that the P1D-CE may be too bright for what you want it to do. Well, what DO you want your pocket light to do? Indoor navigation, outdoor navigation, looking behind furniture...?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was jus thinking a normal PIta type key ring the spiral spring steel type with a light on it I do believe the P1D-CE would work since it has 3 levels but the style of selecting is not exactly what I go for in a light. I plan to use the light just for night reading parts finding and blackout use we get a far few here usually a couple per year. And searching for stuff at night like car keys and teh Like. I plan on carrieing around teh U2 so that spretty darn brigth and since the Ce is about towo times the rocket I think the rocket is the way to go.