some interesting lights found

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That does look nice! Look's like SS or polished aluminum body. I noticed the driver
board said MTE on it, I don't know if that help's or not. Cheapo will you let us know
if you find out more about it?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, according to my conversion... its only $22 shipped.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those look really sharp (and small). I wish that I could find a link that would translate that page to English. I might have to take a chance and order one if they are available for shipment to the US.

Derek

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, i was able to translate it... here is what i got:

The Christmas jubilation, promotes the high efficiency high luminance pocket-sized tactic flashlight most newly,Uses the rich prosperous proxy American lumen quality goods inferior goods LED,U level lamp,
Light color:WA/ YA,

Maintenance and correlation matters needing attention:Receives the arrival of shipment please carefully to inspect,Best works as the express surface is opening, in order to avoid time cargo not symbol the express company does not acknowledge mistakes.The product maintains for half year,Repairs free, if must replace the components, then thes expenses are the responsibility of the individual,When repair the sending back shop side postage takes care of oneself by the buyer,When the shop side returns gives the visitor,

ok... i assume that means u-bin, in which case, that is awsome.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I logged into eBay, and used the item number to access the page. From there I sent an e-mail to the company asking about the light. If they ship to the US, I am getting one! Hopefully, I should know something by this weekend. I will post here with any information that I find.

Cheapo, thanks for the find. It was interesting even if the lights are for China sales only.

Derek

Gaffle

Enlightened
Are these products from QualityChinaGoods decent? Are the leds usually colored well, or is it you get what you pay for?

$22 for a U2 duplicate....

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gaffle said:
Are these products from QualityChinaGoods decent? Are the leds usually colored well, or is it you get what you pay for?

$22 for a U2 duplicate....

its hardly a duplicate. all it shares from the u2 is a similar looking head... NOTHING ELSE.... i dont like it personally, but if all you care for is the body for modding... i guess it would work .. even though it is type 2 anodized.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update:

I e-mailed the seller about the lights, and got this response:

hello,the postage is:240yuan/KG£¬and if the weight exceed 1 KG,you will pay another 73yuan/kg

.Then you will pay 20yuan for the cost of packaging ¡£You will receive the flashlight in 4-5days.Thank you.

I am going to ask them to add shipping to the US to their auction page, and will then take a chance and buy one.

Derek

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

x2x3x2

Banned
u got it guys! will definitely post a review when i get it. however they dont seem to accept paypal payments so i think it will take slightly longer :(

was planning to get a few actually, since they advertised combined "group buy" discounts under the item description. but then, there seems to be only 1 of that item posted :p

btw, the "mte" on the circuit board seems familiar to me. might be something i saw on a fifthunit light, or was it huntlight/lumapower? hmmm...

update: i got quoted a total of US$52.80 including shipping. costing almost 3x the original price of the light!

Last edited:

x2x3x2

Banned
anyone staying in china willing to help out with a group buy on these? the shipping of almost $40 is way too much...

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
x2x3x2 said:
anyone staying in china willing to help out with a group buy on these? the shipping of almost $40 is way too much...

Once I used an on-line currency conversion for the price they quoted me, I quickly realized this was a light that I would have to miss out on. It is a shame, since the light looks really small and powerful.

It would be an affordable light if they used the same shipping service as Lumapower or the maker of the Spiderfire. I got those lights for $20 and $30 respectively...including delivery charges.

x2x3x2

Banned
yeah, they were pretty unclear about the shipping.

initially they answered:

"hello,the postage is:235yuan/KG?and if the weight exceed 1 KG,you will pay another 90yuan/kg .Then you will pay 20yuan for the cost of packaging ?You will receive the flashlight in 4-5days.Thank you."

then when i got the actual quote of $52.80, i asked them again. doesnt 235yuan/kg would be interpreted as 235 per kg, so as they said the item weighs 0.1kg so it should be 23.5yuan (shipping) + 20yuan (packing fees)
this is what they replied:

"235yuan is the cost of weight below 1KG,not 235yuan/kg"

man, that's directly contradicting their original reply :p

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
welll...there is a language barrier i am sure =) I would figure it at 235 up to a kg. but, that is a chunk of change, almost 30~40 bucks right?

if someone can get these (dae?) that would be great...

x2x3x2

Banned
yeah probably true about the language issue.. anyway to contact Dae?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
x2x3x2 said:
yeah probably true about the language issue.. anyway to contact Dae?

i would assume you could e-mail him or just pm him from here.