Explanation of the P1D CE rings?

rivet62

Newly Enlightened

whippoorwill

Enlightened
You are wasting your time trying to convince some people on this forum about the rings in the P1D CE beam. They have made up their minds. Facts be damned. In the Army they convinced me to believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
How many threads are there re the "rings"of the P1D CE? I think, as mentioned again and again, that artifacts caused by what ever in a led light, or artifacts caused by whatever in an incan light can be cleaned up with a textured, or orange peel reflector. Surefire has done it with their led and incan lights and other light manufacturers can do it with their lights, and probably should. My Cree modded Surefire KL6's beam does not have any rings,

Bill

coppertrail

Enlightened
I have rings in almost all my LEDs (granted they're sub $25 lights). If there's a ring in my P1D CE when it arrives, there's a ring, real or illusion. This is an extremely bright light for its size.

If I show the light to someone and beam it on an white wall, I doubt they'll say "What's the deal with the ring on the outer edge of the throw . . ." They'll most likely say "Wow, that's an awesome light!"

I'm really not concerned about this. Of more concern is the issue that has been mentioned about the threads on this light.

I'll see what happens when it arrives.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
All this optical illusion talk doesn't make sense in my opinion because when I got mine it had a darks ring the shape of a crescent moon which moved as I turned the light in my hand. I sent the light back because I found one handed use very frustrating. When pressure was applied one handed it frequently caused inadvertent activation.

*Retired*
The Lumapower and the Huntlight also have the issue.

Personally, a lot of folks appear to be making a big ado over white wall hunting.

Just wait until you get your hands on the Seoul P4 based lights, you'll have colorful hotspots and stuff.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, a lot of folks appear to be making a big ado over white wall hunting.

Amen to that!

Just wait until you get your hands on the Seoul P4 based lights, you'll have colorful hotspots and stuff.[/QUOTE]

Hah! Time to break out the popcorn as there will be a ton of posts about the colors and rings and.... :popcorn:

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the double post...Doggone server!!! Oh well, .......
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! :santa: