is allofmp3 legal?

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
its legal in Russia where they are based, but since internet knows no boundaries (and they don´t enforce them by IP), you can use it from everywhere.

The RIAA is mad as hell, they are suing for 1.5ish TRILLION dollars... But, since they are legal there and they have no biz in USA, my guess is that the lawsuit will only make richer the lawyers...

Pablo

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, see my thread here.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142982

They no longer accept master card or Visa. I dearly loved the site so much I have thought about seeing what was involved in getting a Diners Club card. If anybody knows of alternate ways to pay, please let me know. I hate Itunes and other similar sites, not so much because of the prices but because of the DMR crap.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Get one of those internet credit cards like ePassporte...you load them up with your regular credit card. I would check to see they accept ePassporte first though...

Flavio

Biker Bear

Enlightened
The Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Sprawl
The only way for US residents to refill an AllOfMP3 account - without having a Diner's Club card - is to use an XRost prepaid iCard.... And the only way to get one of THOSE is to go through their Visa/MC processor, "Click & Buy". At the moment, AllOfMP3's got a special going on where you get a 10% bonus for using an XRost "card" - and apparently a 20% bonus for ANY refills at the moment - I don't know if that's on top of the XRost bonus, or what.

So, it's cumbersome to fund an account with them; this is the result of the RIAA's raging snit over a music site that doesn't encumber music with obnoxious DRM, and which actually offers a variety of codecs to suit the user.

I love AllOfMP3 because I can get music in Ogg Vorbis format. My own feeling is that this site is how a music download service SHOULD work - it should be my choice what the codec and bitrate is - allowing me to pay more for higher quality, if that's what I want.

Personally - I absolutely loathe the iTunes software - even leaving aside the DRM issues - which means the iTMS isn't really an option. I find it mind-boggling that one can't even browse that store to see if they have anything one might be interested in without downloading and installing iTunes. *bleah!*