AA LED that's the same width (or less) as the Maglite AA incandescent?

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome, Have you tried the MiniM@G 2AA LED,
I have replaced my 2AA maglite incandescent with one and it fits the Holster perfectly, its about an inch longer and much brighter, If you run it from nimh cells its just as good as regulated.

thunderlight

Enlightened
Victorinox 2xAA Model might work. It is a metal version of the Inova Radiant. Is a twisty, but prefocused, unlike the Mags. Brighter than the 2xAA radiant, presumably with similar regulation curve. I like mine.

Bob

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a River Rock 1xAA and it fits that loop just great. Only thing is the light is a lot more of a spot light than a mm. I also just looked at a Task Light 1xAA at Lowes, looks to be same size and from what I've read is not a spot light. I think I will try one out, for around $17 it's hard to go wrong.
Bob

fstuff

Newly Enlightened
Bob said:
I just bought a River Rock 1xAA and it fits that loop just great. Only thing is the light is a lot more of a spot light than a mm. I also just looked at a Task Light 1xAA at Lowes, looks to be same size and from what I've read is not a spot light. I think I will try one out, for around $17 it's hard to go wrong.
Bob

Found the river rock 1AA at Target.

There's nothing on the packaging that says it's regulated. But the River Rock 2AA says Regulated on the package.

So is the 1AA regulated?

Last edited:

fstuff

Newly Enlightened
Bob said:
Bob

Hm.. the Task Force 1AA looks kinda thick:
http://images.lowes.com/product/693748/6937481300159.jpg (maximize page to see full size)

thicker than a Mag 2AA incandescant?

fstuff

Newly Enlightened
went to lowes and saw the task force 1AA

yup, it's WAAAAY thicker :(

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
TerraLUX MiniStar2 or MiniStar2 Extreme drops right into your minimag, is regulated and outputs ~45 or ~80 lumens depending upon the model you buy.