OT: Shipping box that Amazon used to get me AAA, funny.

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
being that most shipments are charged by weight. It is probably cheaper to standardize on one or two sizes of boxes and order in large quanities.

WNG

Enlightened
That happened to me from an order with Parts Express.
Handful of electronic components in little bags, shipped in a massive box, charged $9 for shipping. Boy was I pissed!

Since this is turning into a shipping thread...
worse is required to pay for shipping...$10, and they select the worst cheapest method and jeopardizes the chances of delivery. They make a few extra bucks off you too.

Radio

Modulated Moderator

ken2400

Enlightened
Fail to mention that this was the second part of my BC-900 charger order for X-mass. So it was like around $40 with two sets of 4/AAA and 1 set of 4/AA. Like the charger so far!

Radio said:
That is Amazon's standard small shipping box, as someone that orders from them regularly I can vouch for their packing.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I did a quick Google search, and it was the Ear Lite, or "Personal LED Headlamp" (as TSI would have you call it) that came in an unnecessarily huge box, but I did not have to pay for shipping.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, same box I just got my new GPS in, although the GPS box inside took up at least half of the space of the Amazon.com box.

KingSmono

Enlightened
Haha, the same thing happened to me when I ordered the game "Guitar Hero" from amazon.com... the box was HUUUUUUUGE. I mean, it looked like I ordered a freakin' coffin!! :crackup: Man, I wish I snapped a pic.