L2T w/L1S body

tslrc

Newly Enlightened
I ordered this combo, which should be here any day. I wanted the ability to use 1AA in my L2T. I then realized there is an L1T body available, and as far as I can tell, the only difference is the L1S body is rounded, where the L2T body has indented grip(s). Is this the only difference?

The reason I ordered it this way is that's how the Fenix Store had it under the 'combo' section. No L2T w/L1T body in that section. I know this is my fault for not looking further, but I was excited to hurry and order. :ohgeez:

Thanks,
Steve

Face

Enlightened
I was led to believe that the difference is the S is HAII and the T is HAIII, when I asked a similar question.

tslrc

Newly Enlightened
just did some reading, and as far as I can tell, the HAII & HAIII are different finishes. Is this L1S body going to match the L2T's head & tailcap, and if not - How will it look. Why would they sell it as a combo?

Thanks for the nfo!

LA OZ

Enlightened
I have both the L2T and L1S. The colour matches well. HAII tend not to wear as well as HAIII. I have the Civictor SS as well and the thread of these 3 lights fit nicely.

Mad1

Enlightened
The T and S also have different levels of output.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the L2S and L1T and the bodies and head are interchangeable and the color matches. The L1T head on the L2S body basically turns the L2S into an L2T with the resultant output increase. The L2S head on the L1T body drops it slightly in output.

I understand it is not advisable to put the L1S head on an L2T or L2S body though as it cannot handle the added input.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we're going well beyond the scope of the question. The question is regarding the differences between an L1S body and an L1T body.