Fenix...why no anti roll?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
They always seem to roll of my ladder, table...just won`t stay put.:hairpull:

Quantumstate

Banned
This was the most irritating thing to me about Maglights. (besides cheep switches)

But it's just the design. I guess it would have been pretty easy to mill the back end to the hex facets like the center, but then the end and center facets would never line up.

Illum

Flashaholic
Badbeams3 said:
They always seem to roll of my ladder, table...just won`t stay put.:hairpull:

I wonder the same about the inova side too:ohgeez:a lanyard helps but....after you used surefires with an anti-roll bezel...nothings quite the same anymore:grin2:

greenstuffs

Banned
how about a knurled body? i do not want to add anything to the flashlight to make it antiroll. After the L1D CE i won't see myself buying another Fenix light.

coppertrail

Enlightened
Lighthound.com has virtually every kind of Laynard you could want for a light, wrist and neck.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lanyard could be usefull one which is put round the nect would help. Either than that nothing much you could .....

Illum

Flashaholic
problem with a lanyard is that now the flashlight has an axis to roll around, but if its near the edge of the table....the lanyards not going to prevent it from going *thud*

alvdll

Newly Enlightened
I have been wondering this for a while too. :rant: Would like to see a Fenix with anti-roll.

infection0

Newly Enlightened
well, put a bit of masking tape in the middle so it stops the roll... lol... not much you can do now besides modify it. Personally I think an anti-roll feature would be nice, but would be hard to implement without uglifying the light.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find that putting the Fenix down, with the lanyard adjacent (next) to the body, stops rolling.

As does standing it on end !!!

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its not the L2T/S or L2D CE Put a few elastic bands around the center,
so it takes on the hexagonal shape of the light

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, because it is already so over priced(the whole fenix series),making them anti-roll

will cause the price to be SUPER inflated which makes people not what to buy them.