(Bath)room light switch on tip.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
One tip I have for night time wanderings around the house....

When you go into a (bath)room, close your eyes whilst you switch on the light, it eases you into bright mode.

I find this helps in reducing the shock to the eyes & brain when going from dark, to bright.

Of course, most of the time the torch is just fine, depends on what you're doing in there.

Last edited:

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: (Bath)room light switch tip.

abvidledUK said:
.........depends on what you're doing in there.
When I am reading a magazine or the news paper at night, I prefer to use my U2 on low in candle mode. (Nekomane tailcap):)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a modded LED taplight when I use the bathroom late at night. It hangs close to the lightswitch and unless I need to read or look in the mirror it is plenty of light.
My roommate thinks I am geeky using a headlamp to empty the trash at night but it sure saves time fumbling with lightswitches in 4 rooms and two outdoors while carrying garbage.

Illum

Flashaholic
I rarely turn on the lights in the bathroom when I need to go at night...normally even a luxeon I on the ceiling is plenty for making your way from the door to the toylet:grin2: As for everywhere else, theres the A2...good thing I live in a wooded area:ohgeez:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got 4 watt night lights with photo eyes throughout the house. They only dimly operate if the room is dark. In the USA they sell for ~ $2 each. LED types will probably replace them soon or after the price lowers. Can't hurt to grab a small torch when you head to the loo.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several replies about dim sources.

But there are just some things in the loo you just need bright light for, without going into too much detail.

cloud

Newly Enlightened
abvidledUK said:

But there are just some things in the loo you just need bright light for, without going into too much detail.

:lolsign: hehe

Illum

Flashaholic
abvidledUK said:

theres no way you would miss the target unless your crapper is black and light doesnt reflect off of it:ohgeez:

Brock

Flashaholic
I just put a dimmer switch in. Mostly we use incandescent, but the bathrooms "has" to have four 60w lamps by the mirror for my wife, so I put a dimmer in there. It has a 13w CF in the overhead that I use for everything else.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Preceeding my discovery of CPF I had put nightlights in most rooms. Some are now LED. With them I don't hardly need additional light, but I'm usually prepared.

Geoff

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illum_the_nation said:
theres no way you would miss the target unless your crapper is black and light doesnt reflect off of it:ohgeez:

I was thinking more of cleaning up, after a sit down job !!!

If you miss, do you clean up ?

It's been mentioned before, but UV torch shone in the bathroom can be scary !!

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I take my emergency response light with me using the red filter! Awesome surefire like beam after sputtering. (SMJLED 4 -die modified) days of runtime and it tailstands. I play with the green filter too sometimes.
cimg1461io2.jpg

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget. it's not just bathrooms.

Doing most things in the kitchen at night requires decent illumination, for safety.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I painted GITD on all the screws on the light switch covers in my house. I can wake up in total darkness and with well adapted eyes I can find any switch.