another surefire clone?

Illum

Flashaholic
taken from user anke911 from shoudian forum

makes me think of the surefire L series, the lights name is Hyperion Digital Light CE-1, didnt see an indication that this has been posted before, but If it has, please lock this one.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This goes to show that SF designs are sound. Pity, there are many buyers out there who would buy them due to low costs which btw motivates these cloners further.......

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost looks like a HA Z2 (which is what a lot of us Z2 owners would like) without the rubber grips; looks pretty nice!! I don't want to get into an argument about cloning, but as long as there isn't a blatant logo copy (like the U2 fiasco), I'm pretty alright with it.

It's nice to own some real SFs and some cheapies that still look nice for modding or for knocking around.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's nice to own some real SFs and some cheapies that still look nice for modding or for knocking around.[/QUOTE]

Yep! I'm with you........:grin2:

ynggrsshppr

Newly Enlightened
Looks very slick. If a HA Z2 looked anything like that I'm sure it would sell, especially if you slap a Cree onto it! Is that a Cree light btw? The CE makes me hopeful.

InfidelCastro

Banned
ynggrsshppr said:
Looks very slick. If a HA Z2 looked anything like that I'm sure it would sell, especially if you slap a Cree onto it! Is that a Cree light btw? The CE makes me hopeful.

That's what I've been saying, a hard anodized Sure-Fire Z2 Combatlight

I don't want a Cree, but I would like it to take protected 17670's. If anyone wants a Cree they can get one of the drop-ins easily enough. A hard anodized Z2 wouldn't have that material bulk towards the front.

dw51

Enlightened
I can't find any other information on this light. Has anyone else? Just curious.

Illum

Flashaholic
dw51 said:
I can't find any other information on this light. Has anyone else? Just curious.

I found a couple threads on shoudian about the Hyperion CE-1...most of it is in chinese, but theres Beamshots ;)

"Its a home country product with improved HA design"
"it boasts HA-III, switch option: Normal, low, high, strobe, SOS, etc; its a CREE"
"can be used with P60 and cr123a"
REVIEW [CH]:
http://www.shoudian.com/dispbbs.php?boardid=57&id=31730&page=1

"uses 18650" the bezel spring has contact issues"
"cannot stand on end"
"18650 snug fit, have to push the battery out from bezel"

REVIEW [CH]: [With pics of pkg and beamshots]
http://www.shoudian.com/dispbbs.php?boardid=57&id=31740&page=1

[CH]: more pics of dissembly
http://www.shoudian.com/dispbbs.php?boardid=57&id=31683&page=1

mhubble

Enlightened
At one time HYPERION was making some pretty nice JETBEAM clones. Hadnt seen any HYPERIONS in awhile though. If you do a seach for "Hyperion" youll get some hits.