Just ordered a Fenix L1P

lys_og_varme

Newly Enlightened
After useing my E2D as a EDC, I figured out that the Cr123batteries seriously put a dent in my wallet... So after reading a lot about different lights here on CPF, I went to Fenix-Store and ordered a L1P useing AA`s :)
I figured out that a LEDlight will be more of a "use all the time" light, saveing the E2D for those long range jobs..

Did I do right, is this flashlight rally as good as people says?

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
the L1P is a relatively "old" light, and has been discontinued by Fenix (IIRC), it's been replaced by the L1S (1 watt LED) and L1T (3 watt LED)

that said, it's an excellent light, just not the newest thing, as if that matters, it was Light of the Year last year, it's a great, solid, simple light

I have one myself, and really like it's simplicity and solid construction, it's a "Classic" light

if you want, you can install a resistor in the tailcap and turn it into a two-stage light, it will become a twisty on/off, and the click switch will toggle between low and high

i also have a Fenix L2T (2 AA cell 3W LED two level light) that i used the resistor trick on, turning it into a 3 level light, i also picked up the Nekomane CR123a body to turn it into a stubby 3 level 123 powered light, i keep the 2AA body tube in my jacket (or in the car during the summer) with a pair of AA batteries, just in case i need to switch it back to AA operation (if i run out of 123's)

Enjoy the L1P, a great, solidly built, classic light, and hold onto your wallet, this place can get addictive....

Last edited:

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
its $23.50 shipped after the cpf5 5% discount. ordered one for a co-worker even if its old tech. thats a great price for a well built light.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix L1P is very simple to operate and is reliable, I have had mine for over a year now and its still going strong

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep in mind these are clearance items and as I'm typing here there are 4 left!
The last of the breed! It was the first mass produced 1xAA luxeon - quickly followed
by waves of clones! :)

Say goodbye to 2005 flashlight of the year :wave:

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
I LOVE my L1P... I just got a L2D-CE for my Bday, and it's gonna be my belt carry from now on (using 2500mah rechargables), but the L1P will get a fresh lithium and go into my pocket for backup duty, followed by the E0 with a tritium vial around my neck.

I used my L1P SOOOO much, I love that light, couple of great places to put GID orings on it so you can find it easier. If I had the disposable income I'd put Tritium on it as well. Such a great little light small, light (almost nothing with a lithium battery), good output (even still nice output, although my l2dce kills it), decent run time. It still wows people who don't know about real flashlights, until I admit how much I paid, then of course I'm an idiot (as they head out to the 75k SUV they bought to NEVER TAKE ANYWHERE but the mall).

Anyway, in conclusion, you will love it.

lys_og_varme

Newly Enlightened
4sevens said:
The last of the breed! It was the first mass produced 1xAA luxeon - quickly followed
by waves of clones! :)

Say goodbye to 2005 flashlight of the year :wave:

:grin2: Got your orderconfirmation yesterday, the L1P was sent yesterday and I should recive it in about a week. Great webstore, good speed and service.
Lookig forward to get my new light, this one will se a lot of use as an EDC.

zgurl

Newly Enlightened
4sevens said:
less than 3 at this time ;) Got mine to complete my fenix collection (price is so low :) )

NB: funny to buy such an old light after getting the up-to-date crees...

cal..45

Enlightened
Ousanas said:
I LOVE my L1P... I just got a L2D-CE for my Bday, and it's gonna be my belt carry from now on (using 2500mah rechargables), but the L1P will get a fresh lithium and go into my pocket for backup duty, followed by the E0 with a tritium vial around my neck.

hi,

what exactly do you mean by "E0 with a tritium vial around my neck". is that company making flashlights with inbuild tritium vials or did you manage to put a H3 vial to the lamp by yourself? sorry if this might have been discussed before, but I'm a big fan of tritium vials, (have a blue and a green on my keyring and also I do own a H3 watch) and everything which is about this great illumination method interests me alot.

regards, holger

jlomein

Enlightened
What's so awesome about the L1P/L2P is the simple operation. Click on or off, 1 stage only, no fussing around.

It's a great gift light because it's so simple and runs on AA's. I find that multi-stage lights are too complicated for some people.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had about 4 or 5 different L1s and L1ps. I still use my favorite one as my 'dress up' light when I don't want anything too bulky in my pockets.