Surefire SW01: Who's Got 'Em? :)

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I'd start a thread to track who has been lucky enough to obtain an elusive Surefire SW01 tailcap. Per threads here at CPF I understand there are two versions: thin and fat. I've been blessed to obtain two fat SW01s.

This is a twisty LOTC tailcap, with a momentary feature a la' their other twisty LOTCs. I LOVE the aggressive knurls, as I can easily engage either momentary or twist it to full on. It works quite well when wearing gloves (hey, it gets cold at night during night hikes in the Winter here in the East!). Plus I have to admit it is pleasing aesthetically.

Msax, seery, milkyspit, anyone else... chime in? What version(s) do you have? What do you think?

How about some pics? :)

Novaflash

Newly Enlightened
No one wants to reply for fear they will be hunted down and stripped of thier prized tailcaps. Just kidding I would love to have one of the fat versions. I will just have to settle for my SW01.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I have both versions, but the pics don't do their splendor justice :D ...

SFC2SW01back.jpg

SFC3SW01front.jpg

bernie

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi bernie,

In your pics, which is which?, In Chrono's picuture, the rubber cap looks flushed whilst yours aren't.

jumpstat said:
Hi bernie,

In your pics, which is which?, In Chrono's picuture, the rubber cap looks flushed whilst yours aren't.

Chronos' version is the fatty and the rubber cap is not flush. It sticks out normally. The bottom pic of Bernie's is the fatty.

Oh, and I have two fatties. :grin2:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great pics Bernie! I'm going to take a couple and post 'em too.

jumpstat, the rubber boot extends past the end of the tailcap a la' Bernie's pics.

Yeah, Novasflash, you'll just have to suffer with that "thin" SW01 ;)

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can just call up surefire and order one for like $50.00, but it is not the aggresive one. i have a SW02 on my L5 and LOVE it. but i think a SW01 would be better for the hand gun manovers. as you can not do the Harris grip with the shroud around the tialcap, but you can take the shroud off but it is a B***H to get back on. it took me about 2 hours to finally get mine back on.:ohgeez:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes this tailcap is aggresive looking and sure can cause damage... he..he.....It will be very useful if fitted to a long body like M3 or L6 body with a turbo head....yeah Brutal...reminds me of madieval times......

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this "fatty" one

And another just like it, new in the package. :naughty:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here's a couple of old pics (watching Idol, so no new pics right now)... :)

Here's a fat SW01 attached to an old M2 body + detonator + KT1 + FM16:

Here's a fat SW01 attached to an old configuration on my Milky-modded KL3:

Here's a couple of my M180:
dscn1566bz3.th.jpg

dscn1602gw3.th.jpg

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, one is fat the other is thin, physically does this refer to its diameter, fins size or what. With all the photos above, it still looks about the same, I stll can't distinguish them both.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey jumpstat,

It refers to the size of the lobes. The "fat" version is quite broad across, broader than the "thin" SW01 and the SW02.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashgreenie,

I also have an SW01 on my M3T, though I don't have the "Strike Bezel," just the crenelated bezel.

UWAK,

From my limited experience I don't believe the SW01 was sold in black. At least I've never seen one nor heard of one. Size15s is our resident Surefire expert, maybe he knows?