ready to give up on jetbeam c-le

oldolds442

Newly Enlightened
ordered 3 jetbeam c-le's on january 15,my credit card was charged, and was told that they would ship out on feb. 10. i had heard good things about emil, and was giving him the benefit of the doubt. after 2 emails went unanswered in the last week,and still no lights, i am about to give up and get my money back from the credit card. any ideas? thanks

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
This thread discusses the delayed shipping of these lights. It seems they were returned to the manufacturer for problems. I noticed that Tremendo in post #151 ordered his on the 7th of January and it "just arrived" on the 26th. If the orders are being filled in the order they were placed, then maybe yours is on the way. Good luck!

oldolds442

Newly Enlightened
it would be nice to get a reply to your email. good will and all that. just want to know whats going on. might have a little more patience if i heard something from him.. i ordered them for myself and a couple of guys at work, and i feel guilty every time i see them, like i did something wrong....thanks for letting me vent.

p97z

Newly Enlightened
You'll get them don't worry. When you do make sure you clean the threads! I didn't clean my threads and the head seized on to the body.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
it would be nice to get a reply to your email. good will and all that.

Fair point IMHO.

That said, if I were you, I'd give it another few weeks, the C-LE is a nice little AA light, I think your workmates will be very impressed with 'em if they are non-flashaholics.

CFU

jb1219

Newly Enlightened
YOu might be able to get an answer in the manufacturers section.

oldolds442

Newly Enlightened
one is a certified flashoholic, and is like a little kid waiting for christmas to come.
he is really excited, and the other one, we are gradually turning him onto the good flashlights...i guess i will be patient, and give it a little while longer...7 weeks, whats another week...........?

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Originally Posted by oldolds44s:7 weeks, whats another week...........?
Exactly. However, I know how you feel. I shouldn't complain. Mine required only minor lubing of the threads and I love it--had it for about 3 weeks now. I suspect they[re having quality control issues, from what I've seen in other threads. It's worth the wait. However, I completely agree that it is not very good business to leave many customers hanging for weeks with no response at all. Maybe there is something in the manufacturers/distributors section? Even a reply in the Jetbeam threads here would do the trick to some extent--although you can't please everyone.

oldolds442

Newly Enlightened
yeah, i know...but sounds like people that ordered after me got theirs a long time ago. hmmmmm!!

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well..... it's a great little light. I ordered mine from Emilion January 3rd I think, and got it a couple of weeks ago.

Just remind your friends that this is cutting edge technology, and that these little gems aren't even available in the US yet..... and then keep e-mailing Emilion until you get an answer.

I REALLY like mine..... I EDC it...... and I think it will be worth your added patience to wait a little longer before giving up on these. Oh... and good advice on cleaning and lubing the threads before using. Mine only needed a little, and now it's silky one-handed smooth.

For the price, and I paid almost $38 shipped, this light was worth the wait! :)

diesel_dad

Newly Enlightened
I bought mine through the CEJ GB. Took a long time as well although I have received orders from Hong Kong or Korean in less than a week from time to time.

But the light is great and it's well worth the wait.

oldolds442

Newly Enlightened
thanks for all the replies, appreciate it.........keep up the daily vigil at the mailbox....................

Mike Iver

Newly Enlightened
I bought mine there as well (was not part of the group buy). It took almost 3 weeks to recieve. Shipping took about 2 weeks. It was worth the wait.

nuggett

Enlightened
Lots of excuses here for Emil. My C-le has been on order for longer than my MkIIx which I recieved 2 days ago.
I dont understand why emil gives us the silent treatment.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
nuggett said:
Lots of excuses here for Emil. My C-le has been on order for longer than my MkIIx which I recieved 2 days ago.

There are a few out there who give us the silent treatment

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is why I will probably never order anything from his sight, I've tried asking him things on different occasions and no replies. For me, internet commerce with someone who is not a big and reputable business requires that communication is possible.

nuggett said: