DST a RANT

Tritium

Enlightened
Alright is anyone else tired of the Daylight Saving Time nonsense?

My computer updated the time by 1 hour Sunday morning and this morning it has updated an additional 3 times and this is happening on other machines as well. In addition to that ALL Atomic sync'ed clocks that I own are WRONG:rant: .

STUPID FAT GOVERNMENT!!

Additionaly if this change was because of whiny Kalifornians as I had heard it was,(most stupid laws are) then I recommend manditory chemical neutering of the entire population of Kalifornia (or whoever was responsible for jerking with the time)

Thurmond

Last edited:

Tritium

Enlightened
Vexing to be for sure.:mad:

" The only verdict is vengance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and virtuous." V

Thurmond

myk

Enlightened
DM51 said:
That is a GREAT rant -- a vituperative masterpiece!

In case anyone else has a limited vocabulary like myself:

Main Entry: vi·tu·per·a·tive
Pronunciation: vI-'tü-p(&-)r&-tiv, -p&-"rA-
Function: adjective
: uttering or given to censure : containing or characterized by verbal abuse
- vi·tu·per·a·tive·ly adverb tü-p(&-)r&-tiv, -p&-"rA-

Personally I wonder how the state of indiana is doing, last year they get DST, this year we change it on them...

Last edited:

Darell

Flashaholic
I'll give you a big vote for hating the time change. I'm indifferent to DST. I'll happily keep that all year long. Just set it once and leave it the vituperative alone!

The time change mess me up in more ways than I care to share. But one big one is that I have a time of use electric meter, and my utility is not changing the time to be correct. So for the next three weeks, I have to remember that the power clock is one hour off of reality. Just sucks because that determines when I can charge my car, etc. So for me, I'll have FOUR time changes this year. What vituperative fun.

What the hell is the official reason for the time change given these days? It just can't be for energy savings. And if that IS the reason, could we maybe do something relevant like making people waste less than force everybody to change the stupid clocks?

Bob_G

Enlightened
I think it should be standard time all the time. Except when it rains, when we should switch to DST because it's darker then. It is in the end, heartening to know my money and their time is being put to such good use. I'm so proud ...

Darell

Flashaholic
Yeah... if the government needs something to do, I've got a pretty good list going here. I wonder just how much money each time change costs the country in lost productivity.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumpmaster said:
I remember several news sources stating it was to "conserve energy".

I read a recent study that shows that the new DST policy will increase the amount of time spent on driving......and hence more energy will actually be used instead of saved.

WP

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

People were late to work yesterday. But using the DST change as an excuse was accepted.

I thought it was Texas's fault. Isn't that where all the stupid laws are made? Lock 'em all up!

The dog next door started barking an hour earlier.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I like DST, and wouldn't mind it all year. Changing clocks is a minor pain, since I usually have to dig out owner's manuals for some devices. What I like is the extra time after work to fiddle in the yard. In fact, why not make it two hours?

Geoff

Tritium

Enlightened
Flying Turtle said:
I like DST, and wouldn't mind it all year. Changing clocks is a minor pain, since I usually have to dig out owner's manuals for some devices. What I like is the extra time after work to fiddle in the yard. In fact, why not make it two hours?

Geoff

If we want more daylight hours after work then why do we stop DST as soon as the days get so short I get home after dark. It seems to me that we need more daylight in the evening in the winter than summer. What are the hard figures behind this twice a year madness and who decides these things for us without our input (OF, BY and FOR THE PEOPLE)?

Thurmond

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tritium said:

Additionaly if this change was because of whiny Kalifornians as I had heard it was,(most stupid laws are) then I recommend manditory chemical neutering of the entire population of Kalifornia (or whoever was responsible for jerking with the time)

Thurmond

Man, you sound like a complete partisan shill with statements like these.

How about doing some actual research rather than spouting out some drivel you've heard on the radio or read on the internet.

The daylight saving time amendment was proposed by Rep. Frederick Upton [R-MI] (link: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/record.xpd?id=109-h20050420-40&bill=h109-6 )

Maybe you should be proposing the chemical neutering of the entire population of Michigain instead?

Tritium

Enlightened
evan9162 said:
Man, you sound like a complete partisan shill with statements like these.

Maybe you should be proposing the chemical neutering of the entire population of Michigain instead?

My original statements did contain an "IF" since my sources were probably not good but hey its a rant:barf: a regurgitation of feelings not necessarily based on facts at all.

Michigan Sounds good. :sold:

Thurmond

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
myk said:
Personally I wonder how the state of indiana is doing, last year they get DST, this year we change it on them...

To be honest, most of us don't even know where we are half the time, let alone what time it is... or what time it's supposed to be...

One county actually lost two hours on Sunday though. Last year, they voted to be Central time, and switched to Eastern time this year.

gorn

Enlightened
Tritium said:

My computer updated the time by 1 hour Sunday morning and this morning it has updated an additional 3 times and this is happening on other machines as well. In addition to that ALL Atomic sync'ed clocks that I own are WRONG:rant: .

STUPID FAT GOVERNMENT!!

Thurmond

I dislike DST too, I think it may have been a good idea in WWII when it started but that was a long time ago. As to the fact that your computer and atomic clocks are screwed up I don't see what that has to do with the
government. It looks like user error to me. My computers all worked fine as do my atomic clocks.

But being from the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, maybe I just know how to do things like walk and chew gum at the same time without going off the handle about it.

Darell

Flashaholic
Tritium said:
If we want more daylight hours after work then why do we stop DST as soon as the days get so short I get home after dark. It seems to me that we need more daylight in the evening in the winter than summer. What are the hard figures behind this twice a year madness and who decides these things for us without our input (OF, BY and FOR THE PEOPLE)?

Thurmond
While I still have trouble agreeing so much with a guy who wants me neutered... I AGREE! Madness.

Tritium

Enlightened
Bob_G said:
I think it should be standard time all the time. Except when it rains, when we should switch to DST because it's darker then. It is in the end, heartening to know my money and their time is being put to such good use. I'm so proud ...

:crackup: Me too.

Thurmond

Tritium

Enlightened
Darell said:
While I still have trouble agreeing so much with a guy who wants me neutered... I AGREE! Madness.

Are you responsible for this mess Darell? There was an IF statement in my original comment and besides CPF'ers are exempt from comments directed at the mindless sheep of our society.:grin2:

Thurmond

XtreMe_G

Newly Enlightened
second time we're doing daylight saving here in indiana, i massivly screwed up the first time. this time around i was determined to get it right. i update my pc, i updated my pda, changed all the clocks before going to bed. i was soooo sure i got everything, and just now while reading the post, i just recalled......i didnt set the time for my thermostat! and now while typing this i just realized my watch is off too!! :mad: