NEW Arc SLS Owner

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

NEW Arc SLS Owner in a couple days. I just ordered one White. While I'm waiting is there something I can get to put over the lens area to protect it? That Surefire Beamshaper is expensive.... Any suggestions? Any advice on care and feeding of my new Arc?

Brian

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Maglite makes a kit with a rubber bezel protector and a clear ,amber,and red filter.I used black RTV sealant to seal the clear lens to the bezel of the ARC(to protect the optics) then I used the sealant to bond the rubber protector to the arc bezel.The kit was only about $5.They have them at Wal-mart.If you do a search for "green LS" you should be able to find a picture of Aragorn's light with the same bezel protector in place.
It looks nice,works great and has saved my light from a couple of nasty falls,and proved waterproof to 100 feet. You are going to love your LS.I have had mine for awhile now,and I use it everyday.
troy

SFR

Newly Enlightened
I've had my Arc SLS for exactly two weeks now and turn it on for a few seconds everyday just to see that beautiful beam of light. Sure the beam's a little off center and a bit pea-green but I don't care: I love it just the same.

I thought about using Troy's idea with the black rubber bezel protector from Maglite. I just have to find the little filters. The SLS looks great in all its naked glory, though.

Before I got the SLS, I thought I would use the 2AA and 1AA packs the most to use up the juice in my old AA batteries. However, once I put the CR123 pack on it, I don't feel like taking it off. It's soooo small, even shorter than an Arc AAA!

You're gonna love it.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc LS is one of the greatest lights made...and you`re going to love the 123 power pack for EDC.

Enjoy.

d'mo

Enlightened
I just got back from a business trip to Mexico City. My new Arc-LSS caused quite a stir among plant engineers, several of whom asked me to part with it. (Sorry, too valuable to be without.)

A few individuals commented that $70 was too much to pay for a flashlight... until they turned it on. I ended up giving Arc's URL to almost everyone who took a serious look at it.

After reading info on the Arc-LS on CPF for several months, I thought that most of the praise was hype. Now that I have one, I've realized that this is REALLY one of the best flashlights I have laid hands on and well worth the $70 price tag. I'm kicking myself for not jumping to grab a "first" when they were available.

Larry R. Pace

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried the clear, contact paper at Wal-Mart? Just wondering how it would work and if you could remove it from your lens without it leaving residue? Thanks!

sotyakr

Enlightened
I drank the Kool-Aid, and placed my SLS order last night. We'll see what magical effect takes place in (hopefully) a few days...

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called arc and talked to Peter yesterday. They still had some in yest. afternoon so you should be set to go... If I had $70 in my pocket I would be drinking Kool-Aid too!

sotyakr

Enlightened
Bushman - Thanks for the info. Just received shipping confirmation that my SLS is on the way. Suppose, I really didn't have the $70 to blow, but I'd have to get one sooner or later, and it's SO easy for me to rationalize a purchase like this (I really can use it at work...).

sflate

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Bushman - Thanks for the info. Just received shipping confirmation that my SLS is on the way <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Really? When did you order it? I ordered an SLS early this week and my order says 'hold'. I haven't had any confirmation that it has shipped. How long should I expect until it ships?

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
best i can say is to give him a call it is on the arc website under FAQ

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
sflate,

I recently had 2 orders with ARC, 1 for an LS/O, and one for an SLS.

The order status for the LS/O said HOLD even a day or two after I received the package.

The order status for the SLS stayed on HOLD until several days after the item had shipped. It actually shipped the very next day after I placed the order!
grin.gif

So most likely, your item is on it's way, the order status just hasn't been updated yet. You might want email Peter requesting order status and a tracking number.

Hope your SLS doesn't sit for 3 days at the Phoenix UPS termial like mine did, but that's a different story......

Finally got my SLS last night and it was very much worth the wait!!!
smile.gif

Best of luck to you.

sotyakr

Enlightened
sflate - FWIW, I ordered the SLS on Thursday evening 6/6, got the (UPS) shipping confirmation on Friday 6/7 and it's scheduled for delivery on 6/12 (it's somewhere between Phoenix and Sacramento as I write this).

sotyakr

Enlightened
Woo hoo! My Arc SLS (First Run #293) arrived one day early. I checked UPS tracking before work this morning, and I was delighted to see that the delivery date had been moved up. Sure enough, it was waiting on my porch (fortunately, I live in a safe neighborhood) when I got home tonight.

I'll try to avoid 'preaching to the choir' and just say it's one fantastic little light. The 'flaws' are minor cosmetic ones. Besides the slight difference in tint of the anodizing between the head and battery barrels, there's a tiny nick in the knurling on the head and a bit of anodizing rubbed off next the O-ring of the single AA tube (hidden in use).

The important part - the beam, looks great. Perfectly centered and not at all objectionably green.

Didn't have any 123's around, but I did have an unused 223 camera battery laying around. Tore off the plastic case and, voila 2-123's to feed to the SLS. With the 123, this looks to be the hot set-up.

Yep, here's one more happy SLS owner. Thanks Peter!

sflate

Enlightened
I had the same experience with UPS. My SLS was scheduled to be delivered on 6/12 but arrived today. Only slight cosmetic flaws and the beam looks great. Thanks Peter!

Status
Not open for further replies.