New Fenix P3D CE

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Fenix P3DCE

xiaowenzu said:
arghhh but it's still a reverse clicky! :( I don't like it.

:barf::barf::barf:
I agree. :dedhorse: :mad::mad::mad: :rant::rant::rant:

Yet another (probably decent) light that I won't be buying... unless of course DX gets ahold of a batch and sells them at reverse clickie prices like the Jetbeam MkIIx was for a few hours.

JohnnyM

Newly Enlightened
Might have the answer here - thanks L-E Dude, well spotted!
happy14.gif

Does anyone make alternative tail switches for Fenix lights? Altho' I can live with a reverse clickie: at least it'll work one-handed..

Cheers,

JM

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
T4R06 said:
same old FENIX...
ugly, again cheap looking reflector.
same diameter on head
well, same diameter is what sets most of the better LED-offerings apart from other "what are these good"-lights ;)

If there were a Fenix with this small diameter, 18650, that gives the same output and multilevel as my SF 6P mod, I would switch instantly --> much better to fit into pocket.

PS: is there any reason why everything has to have three different treads at least?
:(

clipse

Enlightened
Hmmm, I actually excited about this light. I was waiting for a CR123 body for my L2D CE but I'll just wait till this little bugger comes out. :) Its still no HDS/Novatac but hey, its a new light that is bright. :D

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember reading many posts from those wanting a clicky for their P1D CE. Looks like the P3D CE and the P2D CE were made for them.

SQ40

Newly Enlightened
I don't care for any light with a Twisty.. Prefer a 2 stage Clicky.. Kinda makes Fenix my least prefered light company..

greenstuffs

Banned
I've had enough with the L1D i'll pass on this one, same reverse click, ringy beam and crappy finish not worth the $90 IMO you can get very nice Surefire in the BST or even retailers who offer a discount. What a price gouging light, remember the MK2x selling for $45 probably this P3D costs $12 to make.

Last edited:

Pokerstud

Enlightened
My main concern is that they used the same reflector set up with the Cree, and again, the ringy beam. I do however, like the idea of stepping thru the modes via the clicky. I'm not going to jump on this one as fast, I will want to see reviews first this time.

well, I jumped when I saw the price on 7777 website, and used his pre-order thread.

Last edited: