My new baby is here!!!!!

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
errina.jpg

Isn't she lovely?
10.gif

I've been driving it around aimlessly since yesterday and I'm having the time of my life :D

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
90 km/h. Still breaking in the engine, can't go over 4000rpm.
But speed is not my primary concern. As long as it can get to slightly more than highway speed (130 km/h) it's ok for me.
Also, I value my life way too much to risk it by going very fast.

It's acceleration that I love, and this thing accelerates FAST, even keeping it in the 4000rpm limit. I can't wait until the engine is broken in and I can open the throttle up to 11k :p

Dawg

Enlightened
Fallingwater said:
90 km/h. Still breaking in the engine, can't go over 4000rpm.
But speed is not my primary concern. As long as it can get to slightly more than highway speed (130 km/h) it's ok for me.
Also, I value my life way too much to risk it by going very fast.

It's acceleration that I love, and this thing accelerates FAST, even keeping it in the 4000rpm limit. I can't wait until the engine is broken in and I can open the throttle up to 11k :p
Break in? 4000 rpm? Come on, drive it like you stole it.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Alot of people these days to drive it hard is better for break in. Helps seal the valves better, or something like that.

BTW: I knew there wasnt going to be a picture of a real baby... :D

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
jds009 said:
haha, nice...where are you?
Pizzaland, also known as Italy. :p

Dawg said:
Break in? 4000 rpm? Come on, drive it like you stole it.
I don't know man, it makes sense to go easy on the engine for the first hundred kilometres.

I've read that page, though, and now I don't know what to do...

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Change the oil after 100 kilos and then drive it like you stole it.

bitslammer

Enlightened
You are a brave soul to drive a bike in Italy! I visited family in the N Rome area last year. Rome makes Brazilian drivers in Sao Paulo look like old ladies. Now the Brazilian motoboys... that's a different story.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in the northern part of Italy. Drivers aren't crazy here. Well actually they are, but way less than those in Rome or, god forbid, Naples. :p

Dawg

Enlightened
scubasteve1942 said:
I have broken in plenty of engines since 1971 just the way it is outlined on the linked site and that includes cars, trucks and motorcycles, and I have never had a catostrophic problem with any of them. They do not use any oil either. I use Mobil1 extended 15000 mile oil and change it once a year and none have ever used a drop of oil. I just sold a 4 cyl Geo Metro that was 11 years old to my oldest Daughter and I drove the **** out of that little car for 150,000 miles. It never needed anything other than brakes and a timing belt.

Not Kidding, Drive it like you stole it. Just do it safely.

jds009

Enlightened
Fallingwater said:
Pizzaland, also known as Italy. :p

Im 15, havent gone out of the country yet...hows the pizza there? i had a friend bring me back some from somewhere in italy, it was greaT! way different than here. just like mexican food, different here than in texas or something!

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's just say that you haven't really eaten pizza until you've eaten it here.
Whenever I went abroad, what was called pizza actually tasted like plastic with a bit of cheese and tomato flavour added.
I'll add that your friend can't have brought you fresh pizza.
Trust me, fresh made pizza is better than anything that can survive a plane trip to the USA.
The best place to eat it is Naples, but Naples is also not the best place for a lot of other things (see above; also not good if being robbed worries you).
Your best bet is to go somewhere else and find out some pizzeria whose owners are from Naples.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fallingwater, take it easy with your new baby and remember one thing when you read the posts here:

"Driving hard" for an American and driving hard for us are two totally different things!!! That is why they say we are all crazy :naughty:

It is exactly the same story when my friend in Berlin says to me he has driven carefully on the Motorbahn: it means he has seldom gone above 140 MPH, he normally keeps the speed of his Bimmer around 130 miles. For the Germans that's normal highway speed.

Ciao :twothumbs