Cree in a Streamlight Survivor LED

SmokeDiver

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if I can swap the Luxeon III in the Streamlight Survivor LED to a Cree or other LED? I'm not a pro at modding so any input would be appreciated

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its been done. Sorry I don't have a link. I think the person who did it somehow took off the back clip and the whole led array came out. I think he had a hard time getting everything back together again.

I just bought another Survivor LED after selling it many of my other non cree lights. I do not think I will have it modded though. I believe it is one of the most industructable lights I have ever owned. I never worry about it fireing right up when I push the button. I love my cree lights, but If I had to go into a dark cave, I would want it as backup to my Chinese crees. None of which I would want to bet my life on.

If you get a D-mini, you will have great throw and a brighter spillbeam, but I would still keep your survivor.

SmokeDiver

Newly Enlightened
Would this be something you would condisder doing for a fellow CPFer, if the right materials and financing could be arranged?

How much better is the SSC P4 than a
Cree or the Luxeon III that in their now? Any measurements?....Thanks

Gnufsh

Enlightened
The SSC P4 focuses better than the cree (the hotspot is a little tighter) and is an easier replacement. I don't have any measurements, and I haven't used it a ton since the mod, but it is impressive. It's very bright. The mod is fairly easy (except for putting the clip back together), but I could probably get it done for you if you want.