Blue Angels crash 04/21/20007

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I presume the Blue Angels are the US version of the British Red Arrows?

Sad news anyways, these guys provide stunning air shows...one of my earliest memories is of going to an air show and seeing the Red Arrows and various other stunt/display flying artists.

CFU

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
They did a show here last weekend. I sat in my back yard and watched some of it. Hope no one on the ground was a casualty. We've lost one of the "best of the best". More sadness.

WNG

Enlightened
I was privileged to see them perform at Hanscom AFB about 8 years ago. Breathtaking experience. People forget how dangerous their maneuvers are, and the skill level and professionalism such pilots have, make it look so easy.

Heart goes out to his family. Heard the plane hit a residential area...no idea of any other loss of life. :(

Illum

Flashaholic
I've only seen the blue angels on TV and pictures...:(
but I've had the privilege to watch the thunderbirds quite a few times

I suppose the missing man/Tribute formation pic is appropriate here:candle:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
We had the Blue Angels do a couple of air shows every summer in Seattle; I'd always make it a point to watch them whenever possible.
Here in Sacramento, the Blue Angels do not perform.

It's truly a crying shame that there was a fatal crash of one of these very special jets. :shakehead: :( :shakehead:

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I see part of their show once or twice a week from March-November because I work about 1.5 miles outside the base. My house is only 1/2 mile outside the base here in Pensacola. I shared the hanger with them in my last squadron. I have seen all or part of the show hundreds of times. I still stop what I'm doing and watch them each and every time they are in view. Needless to say, I love to watch them. This is a tragic loss but his squadron mates would tell you it's no more of a loss than losing any other member of the military, they all hurt. God Bless our troops.

mchlwise

Enlightened
:mecry:

I heard a very short mention of it on the news, and kept checking to hear more. I can't believe how little coverage there has been. :(

They are so good, it's always a shock when something happens to them.

Again, I've heard very little about it, but I would be willing to bet, based on the fact that the plane crashed into a residential area, that the pilot sacrificed his life, with no thought of ejecting, trying and doing all he could to save lives on the ground.

162610.gif