Halo II game question

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend of mine said her son was quite disturbed when a severed dog's head popped up on screen while he was playing Halo or Halo II.
Is this a part of the game and if so how did he get it?

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
bray said:
was it the online halo against other live players or the normal campaign version?

I don't know but his mom said he mentioned Zanzibar and it might be an easter egg.
"Sign on Zanzibar
On the beach on Zanzibar, you will see signs that say NO SWIMMING. Well, go to your xbox dashboard, go to the Settings, Clock, and change every number you can to 7 , then pop Halo 2 back into your xbox and load it up. WARNING: Do not sign into XBoxLive, it resets your clock. Now go to Split-Screen and start a game on Zanzibar. Go to the beach and look at the sign, it will mention something is missing, and there is a bloody dog's head."

CLHC

Flashaholic
These games are getting more and more realistically gruesome and gory. More like an anime movie or something. Remember Wizards and Heavy Metal?

Last edited:

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC said:
These games are getting more and more realistically gruesome and gory. More like an anime movie or something. Remember Wizardards and Heavy Metal?

I remember Zork and an early Kings Quest was one of the last games I played except for early versions of Doom.

bray

Newly Enlightened
hmm ah i was guessing it was some wierd geek glitch on xboxlive, but its just some wierd geek glitch in the games programming.. still wierd tho... how random a dogs head

NAW

Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
What gave you the impression that Mike's friend's son is under 17?

What gives you the imppression that the son is not under 17? ;)

If I was to make an assumption, I would say that the son is under 17 based on these theories.

-kids, when they're younger tend to tell there parents things like this, as they get older they tell there friends about stuuf like this, not thier parents.

-most 17+ year old boys will not get disturbed when they see stuff like this...

lukus

Enlightened
I wouldn't quite say it just popped up if you have to go through all that to get there.

These little hidden things have been in video games from the very beggining. I had an Atari 2600 when I was little, and I remember some game that had dragons (looked like a duck) in it. You could find some little invisible dot that you could pick up and use it to open a door into a hidden compartment. Had nothing whatsoever to do with the game play, it was just something to discover and tell your friends about.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
What gives you the imppression that the son is not under 17? ;)
That's exactly my point! It's so hard to tell! :laughing:
If I was to make an assumption, I would say that the son is under 17 based on these theories.

-kids, when they're younger tend to tell there parents things like this, as they get older they tell there friends about stuuf like this, not thier parents.
True, very true...
-most 17+ year old boys will not get disturbed when they see stuff like this...
Whoa there, wait a second. I'd say that if a person ISN'T disturbed by the image or even idea of such a horrible thing happening to a dog, I'd say there's something frighteningly wrong.

So, I (personally, of course) think you're way, way off on that second reason, but I concede that you're right in that he's probably under 17 because of your first reason. :grin2:

Injured canines... horrible.