• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Best host for Aw C cell x3

jaybiz32

Enlightened
Anyone have any ideas for a good mag host for 3 of AW's C cells run in series. I would like to fit them into a 2D mag but it is not long enough and the cells rattle. Any ideas?
Joe

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have any ideas for a good mag host for 3 of AW's C cells run in series. I would like to fit them into a 2D mag but it is not long enough and the cells rattle. Any ideas?
Joe

How bout one just like this? A 4C cut down just for 3 of AW's "C" cells. The owner of this plans on a Mag85 set up for it.

DSC00032.jpg

lexina

Enlightened
I use my Mag3C with one of Aw's extenders to run a 1185.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
TTT for a BEAUTIFUL light:)

I like the 4C cut to a 3"AW"C and the 3C cut toa 2"AW"C light.
No "special extenders to deaw attention and as always..., looks stock:)

The 3"AW"C will be an 1185 and the 2"AW"C will be a 1274.

How bout one just like this? A 4C cut down just for 3 of AW's "C" cells. The owner of this plans on a Mag85 set up for it.

DSC00032.jpg

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe the best host, as others have said, is the mag 3C with extender/FM tailcap or mag 4C cut down, a "D" size host may be less manageable (I personally prefer the 4C cut down)

lexina

Enlightened
I think the options (assuming a MagC) are as follows (feel free to chip in if I have left out any):-

1. Mag4C cut-down to extended 3C
2. Mag3C with stock tail-cap plus Aw's extender
3. Mag3C modified tail-cap (trimmed by Mirage Man/RCatR)
4. Mag3C with replacement tail-cap (FM wide tail-cap and, I think, Modamag's tail-switch may work as well)
5. FM's own extended Mag3C (see his sales thread)

Nos. (2) and (4) will likely result in mismatched colours. No (3) is an ingenious solution at the expense of a few threads and perhaps, a slight gap. No (1) is prob the most logical if you don't already have a Mag3C. As for No (5), if you don't already have an FM creation, you don't know what you're missing :)