Orb Raw XRE Cree vs. Raw NS w/Cree

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
I've done extensive reading of posts in searches for the"Orb". Does anyone have both models? How do the beams/runtimes compare? Is there a big heat/size difference between the two?

Does anyone own one and wish they had purchased the other?The regular Orb Raw I've ordered is the new style with the Cree XRE led and longer body to accomodate the Cree reflector, but I'm not sure if I should upgrade to the NS with Cree XRE.

Any pics/oppinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

barkingmad

Enlightened
I have the Orb Raw and it's a great light - didn't get the NS as the Cree was an upgrade and overall it make it about twice the price.

However, the NS is slightly smaller (good) and takes a smaller battery - so probably shorter runtime (if that is an issue).

Don't think you can really go wrong with either - but I am very happy with my Raw! :twothumbs

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had both and I prefer the NS to the regular Raw. The NS is noticeably smaller but it is heavier and feels more substantial. I didn't like the weight or feel of the standard Raw nearly as much. The NS is on my short list of lights I used to own and want to get again.

When I got my Draco the upgrade cost on the NS put it nearly in Draco territory, and I like the Draco better than both of them. If the NS still costs that much, I'd recommend the Draco or spending less on the regular Raw.

Last edited: