SureFire Cree Update

O

OpticsHQ

You've been waiting for them and they are almost here.

As of today, here is the status:

E1L with Cree - will begin shipping early July
E2L with Cree - will begin shipping early July
L1-WH with Cree - will begin shipping early July
L5 with Cree - on indefinite hold
KL1 with Cree - at this time it will most likely not happen at all (appearently SF is planning to discontinue it)

EV_007

Enlightened
EXCELLENT!!! Nice guy with nice prices. Highly recommend buying from Mike. I spoke with him for about 30 minutes and he was very informative.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
GREAT! I just ordered a black KL1 head from you this morning. Can't wait for these to come out. I'm dissappointed about the L5 though. Did Surefire tell you why its on hold? I hope they continue making the current KL1s though. I should probably pick up another black KL1 just in case....

O

OpticsHQ

GREAT! I just ordered a black KL1 head from you this morning. Can't wait for these to come out. I'm dissappointed about the L5 though. Did Surefire tell you why its on hold? I hope they continue making the current KL1s though. I should probably pick up another black KL1 just in case....
My understanding is that they are concentrating on the other 3 for now (it seems there is not as much call for the L5). Also, with the new output (especially the L1) these light can move into the tactical category and be of interest to LE and Military.

As far as KL1, I understand that they have a lot of them available, but it looks like they may not make any more.

mspeterson

Enlightened
EXCELLENT!!! Nice guy with nice prices. Highly recommend buying from Mike. I spoke with him for about 30 minutes and he was very informative.

+1, Mike is a great guy to do business with. I have had several lenghty conversations with him, and its always a pleasure! (albeit an expensive one!!!):devil:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My understanding is that they are concentrating on the other 3 for now (it seems there is not as much call for the L5). Also, with the new output (especially the L1) these light can move into the tactical category and be of interest to LE and Military.

As far as KL1, I understand that they have a lot of them available, but it looks like they may not make any more.

Aaah ok... I have a PM on the way.

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Hey Mike,
Have you got any information on Runtimes / Output etc.
What most interests me, is the lumen output of an E1L and its regulated output. Not just a diminsihing curve of output.
Also what voltage can the E1L handle? just 3.0v?
Sorry bought the 20 questions, just really want to get my hands on my first surefire! :twothumbs i realise im doomed once i go down the Surefire road :faint:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which one the current E1L or the new Cree versions? The current KL1 can take up to 9v and on one Primary runs 25lumens for 90min and on 2 -3 primaries runs 30lumens for 3hrs regulated before dropping off... and thats with the Luxeon emitter. Swap that for a SSC P4 and be even happier.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike,

My earlier version E2L ran like a champ on 2xRCR123As. Will the E2L Cree likewise be fine with rechargeables?

Also, any idea if the L1 Cree can handle an RCR123A?

Thanks.

O

OpticsHQ

Hey Mike,
Have you got any information on Runtimes / Output etc.
What most interests me, is the lumen output of an E1L and its regulated output. Not just a diminsihing curve of output.
Also what voltage can the E1L handle? just 3.0v?
Sorry bought the 20 questions, just really want to get my hands on my first surefire! :twothumbs i realise im doomed once i go down the Surefire road :faint:
OK, according to the SF Catalog (which is supposed to have the Cree specs)
E1L: 30 Lumens Total Runtime 17 hours
E2L: 45 Lumens Total Runtime 18 hours
I don't have any other info :(

O

OpticsHQ

Mike,

My earlier version E2L ran like a champ on 2xRCR123As. Will the E2L Cree likewise be fine with rechargeables?

Also, any idea if the L1 Cree can handle an RCR123A?

Thanks.
Sorry, no idea :(

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
E1L and E2L will be TIR (redesigned for Cree), L1 I do not think so.

2007 SF catalog says that "the L1 sports a tightly focused beam from its TIR lens" (p.28), and repeats that info. under L1 "Features" on the next page (p.29).

Thanks for your speedy reply about rechargeables. I'll guess we'll know soon enough, but the uncertainty keeps me from doing a pre-order (so far, anyway :grin2:). I've gotten so spoiled with them, it would be hard to go back to primaries.

O

OpticsHQ

2007 SF catalog says that "the L1 sports a tightly focused beam from its TIR lens" (p.28), and repeats that info. under L1 "Features" on the next page (p.29).

You right about the description, but if you look at the symbols on p29, there is no TIR optic :shrug: I guess we'll just have to wait and see :)