Arc AAA (UV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
If you own an Arc AAA UV tell me about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm thinking of getting one and would like to know if
it's "fun" and useful? Are you happy you bought one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thank you for any "light" that you can shed on this for me!

"Lux"

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use mine for a novelty. I don't use it much but I will not sell it on the other hand.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I had that "curiousity" that needed satisfied, so I bought one of the $5 ones from Frank at Countycomm.com. Was looking at my carpet...that little keychain light doesn't throw out a real large beam so when I ran across a used ARC UV here, I snatched that one. The beam on it is so much larger...The UV really activates GITD items/powder!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

It's a novelty light for me also, but the next time I'm traveling, I'm going to take it with me to check out the sheets on the bed! I may not want to stay there! (Enough said!)

Tomas

Banned
I have one, and I'm glad I do. Yes, it's mostly a novelty or techie-toy, but it is, of course, well built, fairly powerful as such things go, and does what I hoped it would do: Cause unseen things to flouresce nicely.

In fact, it recently came in quite handy when I was looking for something I had dropped and lost in the carpeting.

Finally remembering that the tiny object flouresced, I got out my Arc AAA UV and found it at once after looking for nearly half an hour with a regular Opalec conversion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you have the spare change, get one - they're fun.

tomsig02.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have one personally, but I have a friend who has a UV LED mod he put together and it's really neat. The thing we found most useful is checking for fake ID's.

Status
Not open for further replies.