**BEAMSHOTS** ML1 and ML2 Vs. Surefire L4 (Milkyspit & Surefire)*

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of Beamshots for you guys.
Enjoy!

First of all, The ML1 and ML2 and Milkymodded' lights by a CPF member named Milkyspit.

The ML1 Is a Old Style Surefire L1, Modded with a KHATOD 'floodmaster' reflector with a Seoul USVOI @ 350mA. Very nice, and Is my EDC for now.
Very floody, with a fain hotspot, but with tremendous spill.

The ML2 Is a Surefire L2 Lumamax modded with a Seoul USVOH @ 1000mA.
Same Reflector, but a Son Of Downboy Board.
Very nice, Not quite as floody as the Original L2, but puts out more light and Is still a Very good light. This might become my EDC, if my other lights don't get mad.

The Surefire L4 well as you know a very desirable light, tremendous output (More than the ML1, but not more than the ML2). Has a Warm tint and NO DOUGHNUT HOLE.

The Contenders

flashlights001zf0.jpg

ML1, ML2, Surefire L4
flashlights002ry6.jpg

flashlights007oz0.jpg

flashlights008iy0.jpg

flashlights009yi0.jpg

BEAMSHOTS COMING!
FINISHING THE LAST ONES :twothumbs

Last edited:

jbosman1013

Enlightened
Re: ~BEAMSHOTS~ ML1 and ML2 Vs. Surefire L4 (Milkyspit & Surefire)

I will be sending my L2 to milky soon so I was wondering how is the low mode on the L2 much brighter or close to the same

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ~BEAMSHOTS~ ML1 and ML2 Vs. Surefire L4 (Milkyspit & Surefire) ~BEAMSHOTS~

Milky L1 @ 350mA (High)

flashlights012sf4.jpg

Surefire L4

flashlights011mq8.jpg

Milky L2 Seoul @ 1000mA

flashlights013ij3.jpg

Milky L1 @ 350mA (High)

flashlights014ee6.jpg

Surefire L4
flashlights016to3.jpg

Milky L2 Seoul @ 1000mA

flashlights015ld3.jpg

The ML2 Is the clear winner, Tremendous output and 2 stages.
The ML2 throws much better than the ML1 or Surefire L4.

ML1 has great output for Its size, although the L4 is not far behind.

The L4 has good output, but just too much heat. Warm Tint and looks good.

They're all great lights!

Thanks

Last edited:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ~BEAMSHOTS~ ML1 and ML2 Vs. Surefire L4 (Milkyspit & Surefire)

I will be sending my L2 to milky soon so I was wondering how is the low mode on the L2 much brighter or close to the same

Yes, Close.
Milkyspit modded mine to be a bit lower though.

I like it.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I think that the L2 at 1 amp to led will get hot over time. The L2 set at about 600mA's to led would be perfect. At least as much power as the L2 stock, and cooler running. Maybe 750 to led, even better output than stock L2. Also, the Seoul SSC P4 does not really like 1 amp to led unless there is steller heat sinking. I like that reflector.

Bill

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that the L2 at 1 amp to led will get hot over time. The L2 set at about 600mA's to led would be perfect. At least as much power as the L2 stock, and cooler running. Maybe 750 to led, even better output than stock L2. Also, the Seoul SSC P4 does not really like 1 amp to led unless there is steller heat sinking. I like that reflector.

Bill

Correct, the Surefire L2 will get a bit warm, but not nearly as hot as the surefire L4 which essentially the same head.
I say about 30% as hot as the Surefire L4.

It's a superb reflector with massive amounts of spill and a nice hotspot for medium ranges.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Did Milkyspit switch out the L2 circuit for a Georges80 circuit? The L2 has a boost circuit set up for Lux V.

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Maybe Milkyspit used that name of board for a reason. An SOB to work with? LOL.

BTW, can someone tell me how post icon's (gremlins)? When I click on them they end up in the thread title, not at the end of a sentence, so I used LOL, instead of an appropriate icon.

Bill

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct, the Surefire L2 will get a bit warm, but not nearly as hot as the surefire L4 which essentially the same head.
I say about 30% as hot as the Surefire L4.

It's a superb reflector with massive amounts of spill and a nice hotspot for medium ranges.

When you say the L2 will get warm, how long does it take to get warm? Do you feel like if you leave it @1A the whole time until the batteries run low, that the led will eventually overheat?

SCblur

Enlightened
Nice beamshots Skalo, thanks.

Some questions about your L2: how does the total output and throw compare to a U2? How about the runtime? Is it the same runtime as the original with better output, or have both output and runtime been improved?

thanks,
Josh

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice beamshots Skalo, thanks.

Some questions about your L2: how does the total output and throw compare to a U2? How about the runtime? Is it the same runtime as the original with better output, or have both output and runtime been improved?

thanks,
Josh

Hi Josh,
I'd say on par with the U2 or a little* better in Throw.
Output I'd say much better, about a 35%-55% increase.

Runtime should be about the same as a DB1000 Lux III Driven by 2xCR123A's.

I'd say both output and runtime have been dramitcally improved. :twothumbs

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you say the L2 will get warm, how long does it take to get warm? Do you feel like if you leave it @1A the whole time until the batteries run low, that the led will eventually overheat?

It's hard to tell, I think I'm going to do a short runtime test to see how It performs.

I don't think it'll overheat though.

LiteFan

Enlightened
Skalomax,

Man you are always having the coolest lights built, what battery are you running the ML2 on? My L2 is real trouble to retain it's virginity.