9-CREE Death Ray at Lighthound

wintermute

Enlightened
It's $900 and 1000 lumens - Elektrolumens has a 1200 lumens 8 x SSC flashlight for $500 called the Stunner P4 - check at the very bottom. Plus the one at Lighthound takes 15 CR123 - the Stunner P4 takes 3xD NiMH (or alkaline).

You pick which one you want to replace batteries in.

Last edited:

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
It kind of looks like it ought to be running away from an Imperial Star Destroyer...:crazy:

Martini

Enlightened
Can anyone explain to me why the "FoxFury MF 1000 Tac-Fire OSRAM Flashlight" contains "NINE CREE LEDs?" :thinking:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
It makes absolutely no sense to feed something 15 expensive CR123's when 3D's hold more energy and work just as good... And are alot less expensive, easier to find, plus you can use rechargeable D's. The only time CR123's make sense is when you're using a physically smaller flashlight, which the 9 Cree light ain't.

JamisonM

Enlightened
It makes absolutely no sense to feed something 15 expensive CR123's when 3D's hold more energy and work just as good... And are alot less expensive, easier to find, plus you can use rechargeable D's. The only time CR123's make sense is when you're using a physically smaller flashlight, which the 9 Cree light ain't.
True, but where does one get 3.6v D cells with high (around 10,000mAh) capacity?

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
The Borealis appears to be a hotwire. Perhaps a variation of a Mag-1185 judging from the battery requirements (?). The cadillac holder looks like Modamag's battery carrier and the "Rolls Royce" looks like Fivemega's.

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
leds dont burn out like bulbs either and you can upgrade :naughty: ,my stunner , im going kiss and dont wanna worry about maintenence of nimh etc

batvette

Newly Enlightened
In all fairness to FoxFury I don't believe the stunner is nearly as drop dead gorgeous nor is rated to withstand 500 degress for 30 minutes. I do not want to be the taxpayer in the county who buys the batteries for the thing tho.
If those are cree's in there and they're using 15 batteries you'd think they could get more lumens out of it. Maybe they are fibbing or are putting low bins in there?
I think this light is a pretty good value compromise:

http://www.goldengadgets.com/product_info.php?cPath=15&products_id=356

and will likely be the next light I buy. Stay away from it, it's mine.
I know you guys, once you see a good thing they disappear like crazy.