Question about Fenix L2D modes

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question

Can I go directory to say "medium" mode bypassing having to switch to all the other intermediate modes?

meuge

Enlightened
Question

Can I go directory to say "medium" mode bypassing having to switch to all the other intermediate modes?

No.

The only 2 modes that are accessible with a single click are Low and Turbo (depending on the position of the head).

Head slightly unscrewed

Low -> Medium -> High -> SOS

Head fully screwed in

Turbo -> Strobe

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's annoying.
I can access the Turbo mode by squeezing and holding it and bypassing that stupid blink mode.

But I wish I could also just as easily access say Medium or High Mode. Apparently you have to cycle through the modes to get to the one you want. Annoying!

KrisP

Enlightened
Buy a light with a mode memory then. Then you can leave it on medium and it will still be on medium next time you turn it on :)

Personally, i'd prefer it to start on low, then have the option to change to medium with a very minor press.

davidt

Enlightened
Buy a light with a mode memory then. Then you can leave it on medium and it will still be on medium next time you turn it on :)

Personally, i'd prefer it to start on low, then have the option to change to medium with a very minor press.

I always wondered if such a light existed. I would very much like a memory mode. Could you give me a hint on a moderately priced light with memory mode?

Thanks a lot.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's annoying.
I can access the Turbo mode by squeezing and holding it and bypassing that stupid blink mode.

But I wish I could also just as easily access say Medium or High Mode. Apparently you have to cycle through the modes to get to the one you want. Annoying!

If the head is turned tight it will come on in turbo mode immediately, you shouldn't have to cycle through anything.

For me Turbo and Low are the most used modes, so having them be the first one that comes on in each mode is perfect.