NEW Homeloan = No Novatac!

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Me and my fiancee, finally purchased an apartment after many months of inspections! So we now have a fantastic apartment and i have absolutley little money....
all this at a time when i seem to be gripped by a disease. Namely Novatacitis.
It seems every day i look at all the posts of lucky Novatac owners, wishing i could own one. It seems a fantastic combination of brightness, quality and programability.

Problem is, in all reality i really can't afford one. I could just go ahead and buy one, and then feel guilty, as the wedding is in two months and we have to pay for heaps of stuff...
I'd really like the 120p. Are there any other lights similar anyone can recommend? I have a Rexlight, L2DCE and Jetbeam C-LE. So would truly like a quality light.

Any thoughts or ideas on an alternative? :grin2:

lukevsdarth

Newly Enlightened
Here's a good thought keep her happy so you can buy your toys later. Or like my wife buys my toys for me. Thats how I got my PSP for my birthday. In your wedding registry try Target and list a few items from the eletronics dept. Why are you going to get stuff you can't use like 10 toasters...geez.. Hey why not maybe 10 LED Coaster or Eddie Bauer lights. Hint your family on your wedding present. Oh and a Dollar dance at your wedding helps alot. I got something like 250 bucks.

Fred:whistle:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you base this assumption ON?
Are you sure? Why? How sure?
I have a feeling that looking at this situation using standard econmic model may show help you to understand that in order to be competitive with Novatac, HDS's prices need to be much clooser to Novatac's. NOt 2X higher.
I am guessing that the next generation flashlight from HDS will have a next gen LOWER price (not lower than NovaTac's price but much lower than HDS's previous prices).
Have a look at the close out prices that were offered to buyers on HDS flashlights. I remember paying $90 for a Basic 42XR.
As long as we are guessing here... My guess is that HDS's next gen price list will be closer to those closeout prices than their orignal price list. ($150.00-$175.00)
Just a guess.
Yaesumofo

The new HDS will probably be 2 x more expensive than the Novatac! :eek:

Previous to my getting the home loan i would have jumped at the Novatac!

lukestephens777

Enlightened
I don't know mate... Just an assumption i guess.

Judging by Henry's few hints about some great features, im guessing it'll have to come in higher. Maybe $200-$250.

I hope not though, how does $79.95 sound? :whistle: :eek: :twothumbs

xiaowenzu

Banned

Skip the cheap light purchases, and you'll end up with MORE money to buy high end lights, such as Novatacs, Gatlight, Surefires, etc. That's what I do, my collection is getting more impressive day by day. :party::party:

whc

Enlightened
Don't thnik there is an alternative that will please your needs for a Novatac or HDS. The only other user programmable light I can think of is the LiteFlux LF3 costs $52, and is a twisty, not really the same :(. But is has some of the features of Novatac like SSC P4 LED, user programmable, over-discharge protection...

quokked

Enlightened
Problem is, in all reality i really can't afford one. I could just go ahead and buy one, and then feel guilty, as the wedding is in two months and we have to pay for heaps of stuff...

Two Words......

Wedding Registry!

Or just get a Top Up loan on your apartment ...
Loan purpose 'Personal Investment' :crackup: The place i work at has a minimum top up for 10k that'd be plenty enough to buy lights.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
well, I got a load of money as gifts when I got married. Certainly the bride wouldn't mind if you spent $150 on a Novatac, if she gets to spend $150 on shoes/clothes/handbags/whateveritiswomengoforthesedays :)

And you could also ask for one as a wedding gift. Or sell some of your old stuff to fund it, if you're a religious man, praying might even work. Or get a parttime job for a couple of weeks. 2-3 hours a day at the local callcenter or whatever usually is enough :)

Good luck!

(MayCooper is now going to go back to waiting at the mailbox... my Novatac can arrive any moment now)