Ultra High Res photos of NYC & San Fran

gorn

Enlightened
Wow, that picture of SF brought back some memories. I loved the old Hills Bros Coffee sign. I looked forward to seeing it every time we crossed the bridge into that madhouse.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Here's a lo-res Chicago pano that I took from Millennium Park. Please don't reprint this without my permission. :)

Lux - what do you use to stitch your panos together with? I've still not found a satisfactory program that does it automatically, so I use Photoshop.

john

Last edited:

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice jch79.

Earlier today was working on one of the San Simeon pier and beach...just didn't line up well. :( I'm glad I kept the Noblex film camera...so long as I do my part, I've found it far easier than trying to piece images together. It's limited to 135 degrees horizontal though.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
It was neat to look at the SF skyline and remember those days. I was not aware that the Pyramid was the same age as the Embarcadero center buildings. I could see half dozen buidingd that I've worked, slept or played in.

I, too, looked at the Hills brothers sign with fond memories.

Thanks.

Dan

EVAN_TAD

Newly Enlightened
San Fran.

No Transamerica Pyramid?

That freeway in front of the Ferry Building is no longer there.

Is the Hills Brother Coffee sign still there?

See the Navy ship? I can't tell if it is the LPD-1 or LPD-4 class.

I think I see the future location of TAD Gear in that picture. :)

Scottiver

Enlightened
And no ballpark either. AT&T Park where the Giants play now sits along the waterfront towards the left side of the picture.

GadgetProne

Newly Enlightened
I was a year old when this picture was taken....I do remember the double decker freeway when I was between 5 and 8 years old. San Jose Native. This brings back memories.....Thanks! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bitslammer

Enlightened
It looks like the photographer used some sort of HDR process on the San Fran photo. Some of the things like th dark spots in between buildings seem like they would have been washed out. It doesn't look like it was a really long exposure because the people the the plane in the sky are not really streaked on the shot.

Good examples/explanation of this here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lux - what do you use to stitch your panos together with? I've still not found a satisfactory program that does it automatically, so I use Photoshop.

john

Although not addressed to me I am a pano enthusiast.

Best pro tool is PT Gui, Easy and free is autostitch.

Here are a couple I just did a month ago from my trip to Yellowstone. These are all done with PT Gui and were shot without a freehand. Zoomed in (Follow the link then click the zoom button on the upper right) you are looking at 1/2 the full res of the images. I shrunk them a bit before uploading them. Please do not duplicate without my permission.

Yellowstone Lower Falls

Wyoming Landscape

Grand Prismatic Spring

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Thanks for the two links, Thujone - I'll try those two programs out.

Really nice photographs BTW! :thumbsup:

john

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luxluthor,
Thanks for sharing those amazing pix !:wow:

Thujone,
very very very nice pictures who have there, you have a great eye.:thumbsup: