Anyone want the new Ray-o-Vac 4W?

Deezul

Newly Enlightened
Call here
Rayovac Consumer Service 1-800-237-7000

and ask for SE4W3C

27 bucks but I dont have to wait for it to be on the east coast!

mick53

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Thanks Deezul. You're a good man.

I just called the number and ordered one. The $27 includes shipping, so what the hell.

Oh yeah. Ever have someone steal a credit card number from you and blow up you card? Not fun. Can't be to careful of scammers these days.

Ray o Vac is under a corporate umbrella with some other companies. All of these companies are owned by one conglomerate.

The lady I spoke to knew the names of the individual companies and the conglomerate that owns them all. It's legit. (Unless of course I'm part of the scam).

Mike

Deezul

Newly Enlightened
it's no scam.......number is straight of the ray-o-vac corporate site.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Deezul: Thank you for posting that. I'm sure most of us figured their corporate consumer support 800# wouldn't handle consumer direct-ship orders.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered 3 (wanted to give one as a gift to my parents and my in-laws). The lady said it was her 8th order today and some of the other people there were busy taking orders. Haha. She was asking how I heard about the light and I told her "Candlepowerforums!" :)

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's strange. I ordered mine today at around 2:00 and was charged $27+ shipping which came to $32.95. I'll call back tomorrow and ask what's going on.

mick53

Newly Enlightened
it's no scam.......number is straight of the ray-o-vac corporate site.

Yes sir, Deezul,

It's a straight number, of that I am sure, and I thank you for it. I just wanted to check. No offense intended, man. I've worn myself out trying to find one and now I have. Thanks to you.

Much appreciation,

Mike

alberto

Enlightened
OMG!!!!!! It's been a few days since I checked the forum and I come in today and find a big long thread about a RAY-O-VAC light. OMG! My immediate impression was one of bewilderment and disbelief. The forum must have been taken over by flashlight illiterates from the 1970's.

On further reading, however, the new 4W light looks VERY interesting. I can see the reason for the excitement. I think that this product may represent a sea change in the entire flashlight industry -- one that we on this forum always knew would happen. Save your old incan lights. They'll be collectors' items in a few years.

IdahoDoug

Newly Enlightened
Sweet. Now all of you are going to relate to my posts on this ridiculously cheap light cannon. Post what you're doing to replace the loose fitting black grip - lots of minds at work. What I used was a Prince tennis racquet grip tape available in a lot of colors. The name is on the other ROV 4 watt post. Can someone also suggest a mod so the batteries fit tight, and any better C battery than over the counter Duracell Cs? Thanks.

DougM

sims2k

Enlightened
Just got mine today...unbelievable piercing ray of light for a 25 bucks flashlight. I am buying more for work, car and home. It is bigger than my SF L2 but the perfect size for walking down the sidewalks in the evening. Perfect as a defensive flashlight IMO.

fishx65

Enlightened
Idaho, I've had two of these ever since they showed up at Meijer. I've been running mine on 3 AA rechargeables since I got them. Just take one of yours to the local hardware store and find the right size hose to stick down the battery tube and 3 AA's will slide right in. You will lose some runtime but can recharge them anytime you want. This also makes the Rayovac much lighter. I'm using the Rayovac Hybrid low self discharge AA rechargeables. Duracell C's can get kind of expensive if you use your lights a lot.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed Rayovac on Sunday and this was their reply:

Thank you for contacting Rayovac. You can purchase this light through Rayovac by calling 1-800-237-7000. We accept Visa or Master Card. The SE4W3C is available through us for $27.00 plus $5.95 shipping and handling.

It is legit! I am going to order one today!!

Mike