Check out warranty on Ray O Vac 4w 3c!

mick53

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I got this email today from a Ray O Vac person when I asked a question about shipping on the new 4w/3c light:

However due to lack of supply in the stores we were are able to change the shipping cost to 10 %. We hope that you enjoy your light and know that we are committed to great quality for our consumers. With this we offer an unconditional WARRANTED FOR LIFE on our products against all defects in materials and workmanship. Excludes abuse and accidents. No Receipt required.

Was anyone else aware of this added benefit? I sure wasn't. Now I'm even happier I ordered one.

Mike

MorePower

Enlightened
Check the guarantee on the package when you receive it. It states lifetime guarantee, except for the LED, accidents and abuse. The domes on the first 2 I got were loose / falling off.

mick53

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm,

Well I guess I will save that email.

And if something does happen to the LED I will tell them I bought the light specifically becuase I thought the LED was covered.

I will then supply them with a copy of the entire email, (including the name and email address of the person who sent it) and point out the only exclusions listed are "abuse and accidents," according to the the email.

I will further point out the warranty says it covers "all defects in materials and workmanship," again, according to the email.

Since I did not have the product in hand to read what it says on the package, I could only go by what I was told by the Ray O Vac employee.

If something happens to the light, LED included, I bet I get taken care of.

Mike

Phaetos

Enlightened
Someone mentioned in a thread somewhere else that they weren't able to find this model light for sale anywhere except in a Meijer's in Illinois. I searched extensively across the 'net and couldn't find it anywhere. I finally gave in and sent in a email form to ROV's "consumer service". I actually got a reply. They sent me an order form to order all their products from, including this 4W C light. It's $27. If anyone wants the XLS file, shoot me a pm and I will forward the email to you. Yes, I did say it includes ALL their products, batteries, chargers, everything.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great to hear about the warranty! To bad I'll probably be voiding it when I stick a Q5 bin Cree in there. :) What kind of circuit or resistor does it use? I might try and change that as well to drive more juice to the emitter, and improve the head sinking. :)

Rayovac Rep

Newly Enlightened
Check the guarantee on the package when you receive it. It states lifetime guarantee, except for the LED, accidents and abuse. The domes on the first 2 I got were loose / falling off.

The Lifetime warranty will cover if the LED light breaks away from the light. It would be excluded if the light simply burnt out.

LG&M

Enlightened
Welcome Rayovac rep, What else you got for us?

mdocod

Flashaholic
lifetime warranty, great customer service, responsive service department,..

I thought we had to pay $250 for this kinda treatment? lol..