Highly breathable shirt for heat/summer.

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
Ok I ned some help fromt he CPF crowd. I looked around and I guess I figured this would be the right place to post this. If not then please move it and let me know what is the right area to post in.

I'm looking for some new shirts for hot weather. I was just looking here and am thinking of this shirt. I would like to know how breatheable a wool, poly, and lycra shirt is? I will be in a lot of physical activity andneed something durable, highly breatheable, fast drying, and moisture wicking.

I am very open to other links and suggestions on the shirts. I am not set on the 5.11 brand.

Thanks in advance.

Zero_Enigma

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're concerned about apperance, that 5.11 shirt might be OK, but I can't imagine paying that much for a shirt other than an occasional authentic Pendleton. But then, maybe it's "tactical".

Many outdoor clothing makers provide very lightweight well ventilated "fishing" shirts, pants and shorts, generally in some type of poly/cotton blend. I wear these a lot. But they might be too light for your climate, even in summer, and they are not the least bit "dressy".

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
Well a shirt along the lines of the 5.11 models. Yes a clean professional appearance is required. Does anyone know how breatheable poly/wool/lycra is in 40-45C temps? I do plan on wearing a wicking shirt underneath the shirt. Thanks.

Zero_Enigma

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to work somewhere that sold UnderArmour. Good stuff, but really expensive, even with a discount. I am also not a fan of the tight fitting shirts, compression they call it, mostly UnderArmour stuff. I always went with another brand, Russell Athletic. Russell Athletic is the same material and works great on getting rid of sweat. They make some really nice designs, so they dont look all that athletic looking, which is great. They are really light weight too. UA shirts go for ~$25US or more. Most of the time, more. Russell Athletic goes for $~13-15US at most. Give it a look,

-Cameron