looking for throw- Tiablo A9s Vs 10W boxer

yonispinal

Newly Enlightened
Hello to the forum. This has become an increasingly expensive browsing site but there are far worse things to spend hard earned money on than lights.

I have been using these lights over the past 12 months:

Orb RAW ns for EDC
SF C3 and Night Ops Falcata 6V for spotting things on walks/camping
Fenix E2D RB100 as new toy that'll be used for camping/hiking

My question is: i am looking for a light that has SERIOUS throw/long range beam. I do prefer the type-III anodised tactical style of small/pocketable lights, and am undecided between the Tiablo A9s that has good reports for LED throw or a 10W Wolf Eyes Boxer or Microfire HID? Is the Tiablo in any way close to HID performance or do HID's, even the 500-550 lumen 10W models blow it out of the water.

Many thanks in advance for comments

John

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened
Hmmm. I don't have the HID but I've got the Tiablo. The tiablo can throw 100m easily but I think lose out to the HID for brightness at that distance. If you wanna really get a thrower, get an aspherical M@g. See the custom mod forum for more info. I've seen those lights cast a tight circle at more than 700ft. :naughty:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think a Good HID will blow the Tiablo out of the water in throw, but the Tiablo is a great thrower for a LED, even better with the Q5 emitter. For LEDs, the best throw with a single optic is probably a Asperical mod.

I'm thinking something like a 24-35w HID for your next purchase. The throwest stock HID is probably the Maxabeam but that is $2000+.

Fenix E2D-Rebel 100? never head of that, did you mean L2D-Rebel 100 or P2D-Rebel 100?

Welcome to CPF!