Surefire CREE L1

INFI

Newly Enlightened
I just received my SF CREE L1 and it is in my opinion, awesome. The color rendition is very white. It makes my SF L5 look very blue. The size is perfect for EDC, and this light is priced right. I will not be spending another dime on anything but LED lights. I can't wait to replace my SF M6 with a light that can shine as bright, using only LED's and wear the SF badge.:D

bigfoot

Enlightened
The more I read of these positive reports the more I am itching to get one. :cool:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
IMG_1191.jpg

My E2L head with Aleph 2x123 body holding a Pila600S cell with McGizmo tailcap and glow switch boot. V10 glow paste in ring around head and packed in around switch. Love this light. Any E series is great, but a SF with Cree that is lego-able, 0h boy!

CandlePowerForumsUser

Enlightened
I'm so temped to get one as well.. I know sooner or later it will happen. I wonder if anyone has opened the head and replaced the LED with say a Q5.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Well I couldn't take it anymore. I've got an upcoming trip so I cruised over to Surefire and ordered myself one. Woohoo! Can't wait! :popcorn::D

INFI

Newly Enlightened
I'm so temped to get one as well.. I know sooner or later it will happen. I wonder if anyone has opened the head and replaced the LED with say a Q5.

Do you know what they put in the L1? I am not well versed in the bining of LED's. I still have quite some reading to do on them.

planex

Newly Enlightened
I love my Cree L1. A great performer in a small package. Can't wait to see what happens next year to see if surefire will upgrade their Lux V lights.

INFI

Newly Enlightened
I took this thing out side last night and was absolutely amazed at the throw and overall amount of light the L1 put out at about 150 feet. I lit up the entire side of the parking garage next to my condo, (quite brightly too) about fifty feet long and fifteen feet high. I also lit up behind it, and was once again amazed. I also own an L5 and M6 so not much impresses me when it comes to 65 lumens, which the L1 is rated. I personally do not beleive it only puts out 65 lumens. It seems to be more like 85 to me.:wave:

berto

Newly Enlightened
The cree L1 is nice for a simple 2 mode light long lasting long runtime (on low) light but its not very bright. infi you should try the novatac 120t it has twice the lumes as the cree L1 and looks really cool.

Last edited:

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
The cree L1 is nice for a simple 2 mode light long lasting long runtime (on low) light but its not very bright. infi you should try the novatac 120t it has twice the lumes as the cree L1 and looks really cool.
When you say it's not very bright I assume you're comparing it to the Novatac 120P which you mention later? I have both, and the L1 has a more focused beam and less spill than the 120P because of the TIR optic. The L1 will actually out-throw the 120P easily, so at longer ranges the L1 actually seems brighter.

Lights can't be measured/compared by just their lumen output.

INFI

Newly Enlightened
When you say it's not very bright I assume you're comparing it to the Novatac 120P which you mention later? I have both, and the L1 has a more focused beam and less spill than the 120P because of the TIR optic. The L1 will actually out-throw the 120P easily, so at longer ranges the L1 actually seems brighter.

Lights can't be measured/compared by just their lumen output.

That is interesting. The throw of this little light (L1) is actually what shocked me. I may buy the Novatac 120P also just to compare the two. However, I doubt it is as nicely machined as the SF.

INFI

Newly Enlightened
I would buy the Novatac 120P (briteguy has them for 110.00) but I dont like all of the programs it has (call me weird) or the poly lens. I may end up getting an E1L but highly reccomend the L1. It is the first light I have bought since the SFM6 that actually impressed me.

Rich

Newly Enlightened
I've been thinking of getting the new SF L1. I like the size. I like the brightness on its high setting. I just have a problem with the low setting being so low.

Rich