Car thieves just LOVE those HID's

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Car thieves just LOVE those HID\'s

I get some nonsense page about signing up... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif BOO NY Times! Anyway,

I work in Wayne, NJ in a small office complex across from a mall. There are 4 cars that have had their HID's stolen from them in the last 5 weeks. TWO of those 4 cars have been nicked TWICE. That's right, twice. Apparently the new Maxima is a popular target.

iddibhai

Enlightened

yup, basically what the article said, maxima and acura TL are easy targets since you can get to the lights w/o opening the hoods (like on most german cars that have had this for longer). and NE USA is the HID theft capital. FWIW, Tx is the airbag HQ, Ca is honda civic/acura integra. also mentioned in the article (for anyone who's not signed up with NYT) is that since cars are getting harder to steal, parts are pried off.

Saaby

Flashaholic

I *think* I'd rather have my HIDs stolen than my whole car.

Wonder when they'll add vin matching to the lights and airbags like they do the stereo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif maybe you'll have to remove your headlihgts and airbag and carry them in your brief case next to your stereo faceplate :winkie:

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does this mean I can now buy aftermarket HID lights cheap from the same guy who sold me my watch?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

drop me an e-mail james /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif