So what have I missed?

DEEAR

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so I have been gone for, oh, two years or so. Completely out of the game, Rip Van Winkle style. I come back to find that DSpeck is history (no more UBH or Fireflys), Surefire parts are no longer obtainable, and there are about 5 or 6 new manufacturers that I have never heard of. So please bear with me when I ask what options I have for custom building E-series compatible flashlights- which body tubes are considered up to snuff for 1X and 2X CR123A? Oh, and for some reason, the search function is not working for me, 'totherwise I would have done this the more efficient way. Thanks!

D-R

Phaetos

Enlightened
Guess I get to be the first to say Welcome back to the land of broke:drool: While I can't really answer many of your questions as I am still relatively new to this as you can tell by my status, I'm pretty sure that Surefire parts are available, at least I keep seeing posts about replacement parts and dropins and whatnot. I will also be the first to say that the search function doesn't work half the time anyway :naughty:

DEEAR

Newly Enlightened
Well thanks for the welcome back (broke indeed...). I have been hearing about Novatac, and I like the look of it. Can these be modded to take tube extensions? I like the 1X123A form factor, but hey... I have seen several with titanium bezels, and they look great, but have not found where the bezels are sold. Oh well. Right now my main priority is to re-orient and find some good E-compatible tubes.

D-R

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are tons of Surefire items for sale all the time. Just give it a little time you'll see. Set up some posts in B/S/T with what you need. The site has changed alot since you've been gone as well.

bouncer

Enlightened
Welcome back

For e-series compatible parts search for aleph or tnc over in their forums or go to the sandwich shop for aleph for the search feature it is best to use the google cpf search at top of the page