Black SF A2 Price?

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Hello,

This x-mas Id like to finally pick up a black A2. I was wondering if you know where I could get one besides B/S/T and how much I would be paying. Thanks alot :twothumbs

Lightguy27

Enlightened
IIRC, the Black A2s sold for the same amount as regular Surefire A2s. ($195.00)

don't hold me to It though.

I know that they were selling at or close to the same price but I am wondering how much an Owner of say a mint in box black A2 with white leds would want. I dont expect it to be 195.00 but if it's too expensive than I would just buy a black kl4 and a black e2e. We shall see!:popcorn:
Thanks!!:D

djblank87

Enlightened
I know that they were selling at or close to the same price but I am wondering how much an Owner of say a mint in box black A2 with white leds would want. I dont expect it to be 195.00 but if it's too expensive than I would just buy a black kl4 and a black e2e. We shall see!:popcorn:
Thanks!!:D

Lightguy in that link I threw up, I believe two CPF members got one for $146.00 plus $16.00 shipping.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to check the dates on the post you linked to. :wave:

B/S/T is likely to be the only option, these have not been made in some time. If you can find one for $225 or less, jump on it. :)

djblank87

Enlightened
You might want to check the dates on the post you linked to. :wave:

B/S/T is likely to be the only option, these have not been made in some time. If you can find one for $225 or less, jump on it. :)

:ohgeez:duh, yeah I would have to say 2005 it a little behind the times. I read that thread earlier and thought it was current because I didn't look at the darn date.......:candle:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a search on Google, and only came up with one place to get them brand new.

B&H Photo $194.00

Amazing..all these years I've shopped at B&H for my other money sucking hobby (no prizes for guessing what THAT is!) and I never knew they were an SF dealer!

Now I guess I can 'combine shipping' ;)

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better call and ask first, it says black in small letters but the denomination is not right. It should say A2-HA-BK-WH.

There are some nice dark grey hard ano's instead of the olive drab that seem almost black but aren't.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI - The original (and only) run of Black A2's was a special run for an Hong Kong company. Model number was A2-BK-WH and they sold for $119US. They were sold out a LONG time ago.

The HA designator isn't part of the number because Surefire uses HA to indicate natural finish, not to indicate that it's hard anodized.

Although I shop at B&H quite a bit and think highly of them, I wouldn't trust that description. They show a natural in the picture and the model number (A2HAWH) indicates a natural finish (not black, but a shade of green).

Good luck finding one. Most of us that were lucky enough to get one, don't let them go. If you do find one, grab it though. I seriously doubt the resale value will go down on these any time soon. You might find one somewhere other than B/S/T, but I suspect the odds are better that one will show up on B/S/T...eventually. You'll probably have to wait a while before one does show up, but be quick when it does.

You might be better off posting a WTB.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I did a search on Google, and only came up with one place to get them brand new.

B&H Photo $194.00

I just got off of the phone with B&H Photo. They do not have any A2s. They will special order it but it will take 7-14 days. He told me that he believed that the color of the light in the picture was accurate and thinks that the (black) description was a mistake.

So much for that.....:shrug: but worth a try nontheless...:)