Surefire white dots.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Those of you who own Surefires, you know what I'm talking about. Are these things worth keeping on the light? Or do you just peel them off and discard?

Illum

Flashaholic
like all labels, peel it slowly
if theres white gunk a toothbrush can take it off...or you can use a scrubber, its HAIII, what are you afraid of?:whistle:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I was afraid that would leave shreds of white and gunk. Does this happen?

I peeled all of mine off. It comes off completely if you go slow. If the light feels sticky under the spot where the dot was, just rub it with the pad of your thumb.

I just wanted to see what other CPFers thought of these dots.

Qoose

Enlightened
Well it's off. Because it's been a while, and gone through soaking, freezing, and rubbing my pocket, it pretty much fell off when I touched it.

Now I can finally line up 'caution hot surface' with the clip!

lightemup

Flashaholic*
It depends on if its a collector or user mate, if its a user discard it from the get go, if its a collector and its still in good nick, i'd keep it on until it started to look worn / tatty etc...

DM51

Flashaholic
They come off quite easily unless it is an old light and the sticker has been "baked" on. If any sticky residue is left, there are "sticky label remover" products which are useful for safe removal of most labels.

I actually quite like these dot stickers, and I bought some packs in different colors for my A2s, including some exotic colors such as violet, orange, amber etc for when I get my Aviatrix mods from that crazy Ol' Bird.

If you have LED lights in different colors, these dot stickers really are quite useful to help identify which is which.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I don't like the sticky stuff left behind by the dots. It is getting on my nerves. They could use something different ot etch a color code in the head.
But then again ... there are things far worse out there than white stickers :D
bernie

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine had to come off. I used nail polish remover to get the sticky stuff off and it did not affect the anodizing.

Glad they are not using aqua-dots!:laughing:

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I don't like the sticky stuff left behind by the dots. It is getting on my nerves. They could use something different ot etch a color code in the head.
But then again ... there are things far worse out there than white stickers :D
bernie

Yeah, and almost anything removes the gunk. Alcohol, a drop of oil, even the rubbing it with your thumb for a few seconds works. Extra stickers on any product gets on my nerves..lol I always have to go after them with it's a new flashlight, a computer monitor, or a new mountain bike. I think I bordering with obsessive compulsive disorder and stickers..:crazy:

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once I am sure I am going to keep the light, the sticker comes off. Never had a problem with any residue.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
To remove the glue residue, all you need is WD-40. It actually works better than other strong solvents like xylene.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
leave it if you intend to sell off he light. Take it off if it bothers you. A readily available solvent is the humble take cleaner alcohol.....