Cheapest Titanium flashlight

Tachikoma

Enlightened
What's the cheapest titanium made flashlight currently available?
I've been able to find only one model so far, the Wee Ti made by Lummi that would cost me about 115Euro including shipping while the Raw Ti costs 100Euro more, I don't even think about a SF Titan for 480Euro:mecry:
Is there any alternative in the Wee price range?
Thanks.
Ps:considering that I always edc at least a P1dQ5 (180 lumens) would you recommend me to chose the 25 lumens verion with longer runtime?

Tachikoma

Enlightened
One more thing just for curiosity, are all commercial available flashlights (like ones mentioned above) entirely made of solid titanium or only titanium coated?

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
there is no light that is titanium coated, if its ti, its ti through and through.
the p1dce q5 is putting out around 140 lumens by the way, fenix tends to over estimate their lumen counts. if you want a titanium light for not alot of cash look at peak led solutions. very nice machine work and quality.

Patriot

Flashaholic
They are not overestimated, they are just emitter lumens (opposed to out the front lumens).

Yeah, they definitely crank out some light. There is quite a contrast between even a P61 lamp and the P1D Q5. Last time I compared the two together I had to take the batteries out of the surefure and check the voltage. Upon seeing that they were close to 3.0V I had to look at the lamp thinking that maybe I had put a P60 back in and didn't realize or remember that I had..:thinking: but it was a newish P91.

Illum

Flashaholic
none that I know of that will cost below at least $200

I never understood titanium lights...its like buying the more expensive "Wilson Ti-1" tennis balls over the common "Wilson I"... does it matter? not that I know of...and I've played tennis for a couple of years:nana:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak LED Solutions offers the Pacific, Baltic, Caribbean, and Rainer in titanium. The Baltic and Pacific are both $150.

Tachikoma

Enlightened
Returning to my main question, putting aside PLS (I personally don't like their design that much) are there Ti flashlights under 150$?
And about the Wee (I think I'll buy it anyway for Christmas ^_^), according to you 25lumens are enough to be truly useful?

Illum it's all about style, what else could bring a flashaholic to spend hundred dollars for a very dim light? XD

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Hmmm, heavier titanium light for $$$, or lighter and often brighter light that can look nearly identical in natural HA-III for 1/10 of the cost... :shrug:

Tachikoma

Enlightened
I get your point Marduke, but sometimes one must indulge to his aesthetics taste and this time it's my turn, then I'll be as before:)
I normally look only at lumens output when choosing a light:devil:

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more thing just for curiosity, are all commercial available flashlights (like ones mentioned above) entirely made of solid titanium or only titanium coated?

This is a good question as a few manufacturers are bead blasting their Ti and this does look and act as a coating. The bead blasting gives the effect of a coating but it is not. However why anyone would want to do that is beyond me. A bead blast finish is very easily marked up. Ti is just perfect as it comes off the lathe. Well maybe a slight sheen can be applied with a 'scotchbrite' pad but nothing else is needed.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
About the 25 lumen Wee, you can buy the individual LED "pills" directly from Lummi giving you the option of all three output levels. This would allow you to carry the 25 lumen every day, but change over to the 80 lumen when you get into an argument about "who's light is brighter." :devil:

Marduke

Flashaholic
true to an extent, but really, which one matters?

I prefer emitter lumens, as it gives a better baseline across multiple platforms and brands of lights, and can be delt with easier when upgrading reflectors, lenses, drivers, etc. Besides, it's becoming the standard.

Tachikoma

Enlightened
you can buy the individual LED "pills" directly from Lummi giving you the option of all three output levels
I've just visited the lummi website but I can't find these "pills", they sell additional parts for the Raw only, not the Wee:shakehead