RCR123's Have Set Me Free !!!!

Budman231

Enlightened
I have always liked the size of the 123-based lights. I love my P2D-R100 (except for the lack of a low low and no knurling :scowl:). Other than that, it is a great EDC light. I recently got some 3v RCR123's (Tenergy) and rotate them about once a week. I have to say that now I use my light much more than before. When I was using primary cells, I felt like I should always be "Saving" the energy in the cell due to the cost of them. Now with the RCR's, actually using my light seems a lot more fun... :)

I may actually get a new P1 now...

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing like 'Guilt Free Lumens'......rechargeability is a very important option when choosing a light IMHO

Alero

Enlightened
Yep! Last night my son got my 6PD (with LED drop-in of course!) and left it on in his room just running the battery down for an hour or so.....and I couldn't care less. :)
I'd have freaked out of it wasn't a rechargeable though.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, gotta love the guilt-free lumens! This is probably the main reason why my NovaTac gets more edc time compared to my SureFire. (poor SureFire:()

Mayo

TheGreyEminence

Newly Enlightened
Hello :wave:
Same here! I use them in my Fenix P3D and also in my 10Watt HID Microfire Terminator 503 (aprox. 25 minutes runtime).

Greetings

Taboot

Enlightened
I feel the same way about 18650,s and 14500's.

Me too. I've had a Wolf Eyes Ratlesnake for over a year and used it only until the original CR123s died, then it sat.........and sat... for over a year until I put 3x18650s in it, now I'm on my 3rd recharge in less than 2 weeks.

Now I have to pull together an RCR123 setup to feed my P3D Q5. I'm on 2nd set of CR123s in less than 2 weeks with it. I'm startin to feel guilty about using it.

Regards, T

aceo07

Enlightened
I LOVE RCR123s! I've had the same rechargeables since I bought my Nuwai Q3, which I've unfortunately lost. Now they're used only in my HDS. I use my Inova less now, except for camping as backup light, since it doesn't take rcr123s.

Guilt Free is right! It's awesome! I now look forward to headlamps to use only 1 rcr123 with a seoul/cree/rebel/whatever. Technology has advanced so much that my HDS beats my headlamp (with its 2 cr123 batteries) both in brightness AND runtimes by a good deal.

Grateful Ned

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of which...

I see in the batteries forum there used to be a thread or link to a list of flashlights with RC battery compatibilities. But the link or the other site is dead now, apparently overspammed. Anyone familiar with such a list, within CPF or elsewhere? Seems many of the MFGs are adding that info to their sales pages, but not all.

:thanks:

djblank87

Enlightened
I LOVE RCR123's AW being my top dogs of course, they make life easier no question there :thumbsup:. Being that I use two to three different lights at work every night it is nice to have Two Surefire 6P's locked and loaded both with Malkoff M60 Q4's now and AW cells given them the power.

Great Stuff :grin2:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
My FireFlyIII uses RCR123 cells and I love it. In fact, all my lights use rechargable batteries from 1AAA to 8AA modded Mags rolling Eneloop low self discharge cells.

My LxD series of bike lights all run rechargables and when they go dim, I throw the spare set in and pop the spent cells on the charger. Since I recharge the bike lights every three days, it would be insane if I ran alkaline or lithium primary cells.

Windscale

Enlightened
Just think also of the advantages to the environment in general when you think about "guilt free". Keep it up.

Also worth remembering is that it is safer to keep Li-ion rechargeable lights to a single sell format and use only protected cells.

My favourite lights mainly run on 1x17670 or 1x18650 as they give much longer runtime. 1xRCR123 is great for EDC as they are so small. But do carry spare batts as they are normally about 650mah even if they quote a higher figure.

Budman231

Enlightened
It is amazing how I used to see the pennies flying out of the front of my light when it was on Turbo... Now I use turbo just for the heck of it..!

The 3v RCRs are great. :thumbsup:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am curious... Does someone can recommend me some brands and types of RC CR123 batteries ? I always use those "normal" types, that you can use once. I do have a charger and lots of AA batteries, but I never saw CR123 rechargeables....

What brand is the "top one" ? Batteries and charger...