Finally, a nice AAA Rebel light

paulr

Flashaholic
Looks a little cheesy and has no lanyard hole. Plus apparently needs a 10440 cell to use the high mode. Oops. Also: duplicate thread.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
" Normal out is approx. equal as LM31's High"

I think Normal can still be considered a high, in this case. It's disappointing that it doesn't have a keyring/lanyard attachment on the end. I hope the pocket clip is good.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several people are complaining about the expected lack of a keyring/lanyard attachment, however it is clearly mentioned that the package will contain a lanyard ring and two lanyards.:thinking:

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several people are complaining about the expected lack of a keyring/lanyard attachment, however it is clearly mentioned that the package will contain a lanyard ring and two lanyards.:thinking:

If a keyring has to be attached somewhere on the body (as opposed to the tailcap), it'll be a little awkward for keychain carry. I don't think they clarified the exact location of the keyring, though I had asked for a photo a day or two ago. We'll see I guess. I'm sure MattK will come through for us when he gets 'em.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix L0D:
Low 8.5 hours
Medium 3.5 hoirs
High 1 hour
Chevrofreak's actual euntime tests:
Low 6.5 hours
Medium 3 hoirs
High 1 hour
-
Low (10440) 1.75 hours
Medium (10440) 0.8 hoir
High (10440) 10 minutes

Avenger:
Low 18-20 hours
Normal 2.5-3 hoirs
-
Normal (10440) 10 hour
High (10440) 1.5 hour

Comparing runtimes it looks like the Avenger's low is much lower than the L0D CE and the normal is similar to the medium in the L0D
EDIT This looks like a very pratical torch but not one to WOW your friends with.

On 10440 the Avenger high is just slightly brighter than the L0D CE 10440 on low. The L0D CE will be brighter on medium or high.

Last edited:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
3.3 inches?!?!

thats a little to long for a AAA light for my keychain

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the most important feature is the tail clicky. People have been asking for this in Cree/Seoul/Reb AAA form-factor for a while now. If I carried the Avenger along with my LOD I'd probably use the Avenger more.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking light, but unfortunately not nearly as practical as the new Tiablo A1...so you have to choose looks or utility...and not get both...

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking light, but unfortunately not nearly as practical as the new Tiablo A1...so you have to choose looks or utility...and not get both...
I guess that depends on how you define 'practical' and 'utility'.

Seems to me that having 2 levels of output, with a choice of using any of 4 types of cells (primary alkaline, primary lithium, NiMh, or lithium-ion), and a choice of 2 tailcaps (clicky OR twisty), makes the Avenger a very practical light ........ and nice looking to boot!

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that depends on how you define 'practical' and 'utility'.

Seems to me that having 2 levels of output, with a choice of using any of 4 types of cells (primary alkaline, primary lithium, NiMh, or lithium-ion), and a choice of 2 tailcaps (clicky OR twisty), makes the Avenger a very practical light ........ and nice looking to boot!

Yes, I agree I wasn't clear. In comparing the Avenger to other AAA lights, I'm frustrated they stretched to allow LiIons, and as a result the max power on a simple NiMH or Alkaline is relatively low. I think most users would prefer a very high alkaline instead of a Turbo with LiIons - especially since there are no protected lithiums. Other than that, this light looks awesome.