Made SF L1 even BETTER!

Spence

Enlightened
Didn't think of any ways to improve upon the SureFire L1 Lumamax CREE until I was at the factory. Lookin' through their catalog for accessories, I decided to pick up a beam diffuser (F04, $12) as an after thought, really.That evening I got around to trying it out. Man, what a difference from the, somewht, tight beam spot to a mini-wall of light. So, you say, it's got more of a spill beam, right? Well, where I found it my money's worth was close-up viewing where that small hot spot was just that. With the beam shaper, you get a softer flood of light to your object and area of attention. Since the F04 fits the lights with a one inch head/bezel, it will fit other "L" series lights, as well as, the "E" series SF lights. So I tried it on my incandescent Executives and found it worked just as well with them as with the LED's.
Can anyone tell me what words the "CE" stands for on most of the SF's?
:thinking:
:twothumbs

Spence

Enlightened
The beam diffuser works really well on the L1's low setting for close work because the High setting is too bright for my preference. Without it, at 12" to 18", you have that concentrated, little hot spot to contend with. There is no hot spot with the diffuser, jjust a flood of usable light to work with.

rolleye11.gif
icon10.gif

Patriot

Flashaholic
wow. quadruple tap.

I must be getting old because I don't understand this post. What' really makes it bad is that I'm a shooting enthusiast too....oh well.

Sounds like a nice addition Spence. The way you describe it reminds me of a washed out L4 or L2. It sounds very usable and handy.

supes

Enlightened
No idea on the 4 tap phrase either here, and I'm young.

The F04 is an excellent accessory for your smaller SF lights. I use it on my KL1 TIROS mostly, it gives me that oh so fuzzy warm feeling of floody non hotspot to a throwing square with it off. Its a definite asset.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The F04 is an excellent accessory for your smaller SF lights. I use it on my KL1 TIROS mostly, it gives me that oh so fuzzy warm feeling of floody non hotspot to a throwing square with it off. Its a definite asset.
Note that "TIROS" is a term used exclusively by Inova.
SureFire uses the generic term "TIR"

flash_bang

Enlightened
I'm not sure why Inova only uses the TIROS term. AFAIK, the OS means optics system. Care to chime in, Al?
Cheers,
Flash

Wassernaut

Newly Enlightened
Help a new Surefire owner . . . .

I have a SF E1e Elite with the KL1 head.

1. Are the Beam Difuser and the Beam Shaper two names for the same thing, or two different accessories?

2. If they are separate accessories, which would give me the best result for a nice flood?

3. Will it/they fit the E1e with the KL1 head in use?

Thanks - Larry

Last edited:

bigfoot

Enlightened
I have an E1L with the KL1 head. Surefire's F04 diffuser gives a nice flood beam.

Jim Holzemer

Newly Enlightened
In a pinch, a great diffuser for e series Surefires (and I imagine a number of others ) is the humble water/soft drink twist top.

I've used a variety of different colors to diffuse as well as help preserve night vision. They're worth a try.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look at the post above mine, it was suggested by Jim Holzemer to use a water bottle cap...so I tried it out and jokingly named it after him, hence "Holzemer Diffuser"

:naughty:

h2xblive

Enlightened
If you look at the post above mine, it was suggested by Jim Holzemer to use a water bottle cap...so I tried it out and jokingly named it after him, hence "Holzemer Diffuser"

:naughty:

Hahaha, good stuff.

I really want a diffuser for my L1, but the F04 diffusor doesn't stay on the L1 after a while, I hear.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahaha, good stuff.

I really want a diffuser for my L1, but the F04 diffusor doesn't stay on the L1 after a while, I hear.

I wouldn't know...I don't have an L1 yet. Mine's coming in the mail. But this bottle cap thing is pretty cool. Give it a shot...it can stay on really tightly too.